Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Small Mum Panic

Small Mum Panic

Postby KimberleyHarper » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

A few other posts and I have received some great advice on other subjects. Yet I am still getting fairly confused with the school side of things. We absolutley will be throwing ourselves in to speaking Spanish once we are settled, but at present my partner and I do not speak any.

I've been told my someone that the schools month for application is March (My son turns 3 this year in November) So I assume from research he can attend school from September. My problem is this has all sent me in to a little panic. I'm struggling to research the right places, see any application options online and am getting a little anxiety when thinking of how I will communicate to find out about the applications?

What I am desperate for is a little reassurance, from a Mum or Dad of a child that moved around the same age fairly recently just to give me a little more insight in to what I'm doing. Oscar attending nursery in Murcia (Spanish) and it was all so seamless and I had none of this confusion. What I did have then was local Spanish speaking friends with children at the Nursery.

Hoping to find a superman or superdad, myself and partner could maybe chat with. Hoping not too sound to desperate, but I am :)
KimberleyHarper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Re: Small Mum Panic

Postby walnut » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:43 am

Hi,where are you living,it would help,as all the schools have a catchment area based on your padron.
walnut

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby KimberleyHarper » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:50 pm

We are in the hill Ciudad Quesada, the villas? Our padron was obtained in Rojales.
KimberleyHarper

Postby hobnob » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi Kimberley...As you live in Quesada (Rojales) your Oscar will go to the primary school in Rojales. My Granddaughter went to the school,s nursery at the age of three...her birthday is in November so you will have to check the entry dates depending on Birthday etc. My Granddaughter had a lovely time at the school and was accepted by the other children. When she left the school aged 6 her first language was Spanish. Her Father had to move back to Britain due to work promotion...however as a grandparent I would rather she had stayed at school in Spain. Sorry I cannot help with how the paperwork etc was done but I am sure a decent translator could help.Good luck.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby Sunnydayz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:20 am

Hi, we are living in quesada and our little boy is a similar age to yours (he turns 3 in June). I cant help with schools as we have made the decision to move back to the uk shortly. However i'm happy to meet up before i go, i know my little boy would love some company.
Sunnydayz

Postby KimberleyHarper » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:58 am

Thank you Hobnob, I have tried getting in contact with them short of just turning up I'm not sure how to approach it. We love every second of being here, even if a little panicked sometimes! Haha!

Hi Sunnydayz, that sounds great! We would love a play date! Oscar seems to have just been taken down by some kind of bug and currently wrapped up on the sofa! but pop me a private message if you like and we can arrange something.

Thank you both.
KimberleyHarper