Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Recommendation for the Indian Ocean Restaurant (2016 - 2017)

Post here any good experiences you have had at restaurants, bars or cafes in Quesada and surrounding areas.

Re: Recommendation for the Indian Ocean Restaurant

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:06 pm

Theboundary wrote:Not surprised it's not busy at lunchtime. Suggest you try it in the evening. You will not disappointed. The food is excellent and the service is first class

WHY? you surprised? never heard this saying
breakfast like a king
lunch like a lord
dine like a pauper,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Nigel » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:28 pm

Always very friendly
Great food
Lovely decor
Go there a couple of times a month and never disappoints
Top place
Nigel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:18 pm

Wansbeck wrote:Indian Ocean is very busy in the evenings apparently, and yes, it is a lot less busy at lunch times when I usually go. They are doing very well lately . Lovely food and service.

Took the advice of a few posters and went on Saturday evening @645pm , we were the only couple in until four more people turned up @7.30pm very quite place no atmosphere no one in ,staff good ,food good, but I must say I,ve had just as good food, taste and quality wise for far less money ,but each to there own we all like different things.good luck to them hope they get more customers,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Royb01 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:10 am

I'm interested in the comments on punjabi palace, sounds great, where exactly is this?
The Indian Ocean is worth a visit, I've had Indian food for 20+ years and this restaurant measures up very well, classy surroundings and fab grub!
Roy
Royb01

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Recommendation for the Indian Ocean Restaurant (2016 - 2017)

Postby garysl » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:32 am

There are three Punjabi Palaces. The one in Quesada is by the golf course, near Supa Valu supermarket, There's another in Los Montesinos, (in a side street on the right hand side as you are driving from the Quesada end) and I must admit that I don't know where the third one is.
I prefer the Indian Ocean, although it is quite expensive. The Punjabi Palace is a bit cheaper, a bit nearer to where I live and still very good (apart from the last meal that I had there, a few weeks back, which wasn't)
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby white_hart » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:11 am

Another recommendation for Indian Ocean from me...we went last night!

The staff are lovely, and the quality of the food was excellent!

I agree it's fairly expensive, but that wouldn't stop me from visiting in the future!

Looking forward to trying the Punjabi Palace next time I fancy something spicy!!!
white_hart

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Wansbeck » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:36 pm

The menu del dia is reasonable and I love everything about it. The venue, the food, the staff....all making it a special meal of the day for me. Great!!
Wansbeck

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrettas.Torrevieja

Postby disgraceUK » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:31 pm

A curry thread, excellent.
We have only tried Mr Singhs on the main 'strip' for a lunchtime meal and Punjabi Palace, again for a lunch time meal.
Punjabi Palace was a different league to Mr Singhs, the food was delicious and plentiful, even if you choose the MDD < this has a large choice too. Absolutely nothing wrong with Mr Singhs though, there was just less food/choice and a bit less flavoursome.
I find it difficult to persuade my children to try somewhere new, as once they have found somewhere they like they want to go back. But after reading this then I feel a trip to Indian Ocean must be had.
disgraceUK

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada (Oldham UK)

Postby skylake » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:51 pm

It has to be said that Mr Singhs is not in the same league as the Indian Ocean.

Mr Singhs is cheap and cheerful and not to my taste at any price. The Indian Ocean is the closest we have found to a really good UK Indian restaurant. The price is very similar to what you would pay in UK, but well worth it for an excellent meal, pleasant setting and superb owner and friendly staff.
skylake

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Wansbeck » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:39 pm

The first two posts with photos of the menu are really out of date.......the price went up ages ago from the 6.95 on the photos to 8.95 and more!
I was there today and a friend and I had a lovely lunch. I have been going for about 10 years and ther whole menu is lovely and appreciated by whoever I am with.
It has never been busy at lunch time, but apparently in the evenings they are very busy. Lovely food, staff and experience.
Wansbeck

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrettas.Torrevieja

PreviousNext