Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Lidl Supermarket - Ciudad Quesada

Re: Today's opening of Lidl

Postby scubydoo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:22 am

Great new store it will calm down and even being packed got stright through the checkout a vast improvement on the old one.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Lidl Supermarket - Ciudad Quesada

Postby Gentletraveller » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:37 pm

Yes.... the new Lidl opened at 9 am sharp this morning..... in a large new building twice as big as the old one...... about 500 metres SE from the Arches..... on the corner of Av. Los Regantes. It is easy to find since it can be seen from a mile away..... and the dual carriageway main road that goes to Torreviaja passes 50 metres from this prominent new store...
When I arrived there was a queue of over 100 people waiting for the opening...... and twenty minutes later hundreds more had arrived and the store was so full of shoppers it was difficult to push a trolley in the crowded aisles..
Prices of most food products seemed to me to be the same as before in the old Lidl store..... with a few items here and there specially reduced below the usual price. Hooray...!
There are about ten check out tills, and all were functioning with cheerful assistants putting my shopping into FREE strong reusable bags ( probably only today )...... but best of all.... shoppers were given a voucher to spend at a food stall on wheels in the car park..... where we were given a FREE tasty thin pancake-wrap rolled around a thin slice of ham, with some sprigs of salad ( very tasty ).... and a free can of fizzy drink..... AND a free blue balloon for the children.
Well done Lidl..
Last edited by Gentletraveller on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gentletraveller

Which part of Spain are you from?: Urb. El Chaparral

New Lidl

Postby blanconegro » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:43 pm

WOW! We tried to go for our usual weekly shop in the new Lidl. Couldn't get near the place. There was even a security guard at the entrance to the car park turning cars away. Hope it's just an opening day thing...
blanconegro

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Re: New Lidl

Postby Lavender » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:58 pm

blanconegro wrote:WOW! We tried to go for our usual weekly shop in the new Lidl. Couldn't get near the place. There was even a security guard at the entrance to the car park turning cars away. Hope it's just an opening day thing...

Be careful what you say. I posted about the problems getting into the store and received sarcastic remarks. So I deleted what I put and asked admin to remove my post. Some people just can't help themselves. Politeness costs nothing.
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Lidl Supermarket - Ciudad Quesada

Postby Jan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:06 pm

Yes that topic has been deleted now.

Please stay polite and friendly everyone. Most do but just a few write without thinking how it sounds.

Thank you for the updates on the new Lidl
It's good to know!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby SharonSpain » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:56 pm

We drove past the chaos at about 11am, you would think everything was being given away gratis! The surrounding roads were choc-a -bloc, cars parked wherever they could be, (and this on a particularly naughty crossroads) The Policia Locale were having a heyday giving out tickets!
SharonSpain

Postby scubydoo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:10 pm

But Jan you also removed the good posts!!
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby cathie » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:26 pm

Went there this evening.. there was a lot of people!!!! But many products have been reduced for the opening day I think. New Lidl is great and employees are very friendly
cathie

Postby Johnprattatlocrispin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:43 pm

So, people aren't actually allowed to have there say on this unless Unless it's ok with Jan!
Johnprattatlocrispin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo crispin, quesada

Postby Lavender » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:48 pm

Johnprattatlocrispin wrote:So, people aren't actually allowed to have there say on this unless Unless it's ok with Jan!

When people politely put a post on here like I did saying how difficult it was this morning at the Lidle opening, then someone replies with a sarcastic post which is totally unnecessary....then yes, Jan has the authority to delete it. People should have more respect for others....obviously you don't agree
Lavender

Next