Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

poor service for satellite tv

Re: poor service for satellite tv

Postby Scipio » Sun May 28, 2017 8:09 am

Do you think that the card sharing system is finished forever?
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: poor service for satellite tv

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Tue May 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Yes, in its current format. Sky been working a long time on this. Also proof in the pudding - the Sky HD channels which have been on the new encryption for about 3 years not cracked.

Anything possible, though formats will change.

What Sky cannot do is stop someone having an official box and card and putting that down the internet unencrypted. Or at least for now, for that either requires image recognition technology ( a way off all general consumer hardware), but they are working on HDMI ports with security features and content which contains hidden digital signatures, and will recognise pirated content. However this is still dependent on existing users hardware, so will be years before everything compliant - always a game of 'cat and mouse', or certainly seems that way since the inception of Sky - and people flogging piarated sky cards in the back of exchange and mart!

Of course they Sky could reduce the costs and make licensing available in Europe for all, but that would be far too obvious.

Paul
http://www.televisiontechnology.eu
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Previous