Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

poor service for satellite tv

poor service for satellite tv

Postby Shirleyslater » Mon May 08, 2017 8:16 am

We paid for a tv service that we thought was OK and paid for a satellite dish etc to be fitted. The service has turned out to be awful and for no fault of our own and trusting others we are left with a tv package that does not work properly, the part of the package that lets you know forthcoming programmes no longer works and now the menu isn't working properly either. It is a too long a story to go into here.

2 boxes have gone wrong and after being promised that we would get another one within a week, we are still waiting weeks later and still have no replacement box I cannot get any replies from the supplier. Last email indicates that I should be grateful that I have a tv service. We have been misled by a certain party that fitted us with this package and although he has passed us onto another provider (without our knowledge) we are being treated like a complete nuisance when we are, in fact, just normal customers wanting a tv box that works properly. We haven't been rude or offensive and have just asked for a box that works. We are paying 25 Euros per month. Not sure how we stand out here, so we are still paying.

Can my UK free sat box work on the satellite dish that has been fitted, and is there anyone who can help us with this.
Shirleyslater

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: poor service for satellite tv

Postby Scipio » Mon May 08, 2017 8:57 am

Your freesat box should work provided your dish is big enough.
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Mon May 08, 2017 9:13 am

Hi Shirley, welcome to give us a call, I can at least help you to get to the bottom of this - seen it all and we have experience of all services, will be able to give you a straight answer 966783944 or [email protected]
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby mrperfect » Mon May 08, 2017 5:11 pm

You might consider buying a Humax freesat box.
Just needs to be connected to your dish and no monthly payments.
You can also record all UK programmes.

Sam.
mrperfect

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Thu May 11, 2017 9:44 am

check out zoco market there is to young lads, that do a great deal 150 all in no extra cost.

Sorry, but this type of advice is not always the best.

Product sold in local market - an Android box, with Kodi, which in the last week has lost Filmon for free - losing the UK terrestrials for many applications including film ons own. Current problems of stability / channels. Would not presently suggest this type of hardware - better options locally, both with satellite and other alternative internet based systems.
Paul - TV Techie

Postby Jan » Thu May 11, 2017 9:47 am

Paul - TV Techie wrote:
check out zoco market there is to young lads, that do a great deal 150 all in no extra cost.

Sorry, but this type of advice is not always the best.

Product sold in local market - an Android box, with Kodi, which in the last week has lost Filmon for free - losing the UK terrestrials for many applications including film ons own. Current problems of stability / channels. Would not presently suggest this type of hardware - better options locally, both with satellite and other alternative internet based systems.

:text-goodpost:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Pete31 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:45 am

Welcome to rip off Spain happens all the time out here Spain talk to Techie Paul he knows the form I say., good luck dear.
Pete.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Thu May 11, 2017 2:09 pm

I think with most things, better to do a little homework, speak to a few people, no need to rush...

We generally find there is no single answer for any one person - people want different things, budget, channels usage etc.

With reference to Android boxes and Kodi (for those who do know what I am gibbering on about)..

I will admit to having a level of grumpiness :D about Kodi, as since it's inception of 'free IPTV'. This is because my job involves in frontline support. Never in 10+ years on IT have I ever needed to deal with as many issues / calls / emails from one other piece of equipment.

Kodi media software has been used to load in applications which allow access to freely available video content, which there is plenty. Is it stable? Sometimes, certainly not all. Can you guarantee what content you can receive on it? Never - you can only promise what is available or the applications to access it, are available at the time. Free stuff on the internet come and goes, it is not the same as satellite.

There are people who do enjoy using Kodi for watching TV, though I would state 90% of people I speak with, want simple and to know when they put the TV on the channel, they are not sitting there with fingers crossed half of the time.

Not all services are perfect & cost is where compromise is made. Our feedback generally reflects most after a period of time with the Kodi type applications, get fed up and just want something that works and easily.

Most locally can use satellite dishes for the free to air content, so no cost. Wherever generally possible we recommend communities share dishes, as very economical long term to maintain when shared.

Everyone wants TV for free. Generally most people will avoid paying if they can. However internet TV wise the only way to get ANY degree of stability is through a hosted service provider, which would be a subscription based service - whether it be from Netflix or any other service provider. Satellite free to air, is different and locally we can benefit from this as can receive freely with appropriately sized dish 1.35m+ locally.

Some move to the IPTV type services, not just for the channels, but for the newer facilities such as the catch up and 'video on demand'. UK satellite TV does not have these additional internet based services in Spain, or not unless you have a Sky/Freesat box + flashed VPN router + VPN subscription. Doable, but a pain and still a subscription & starting to get expensive.

Paul
http://www.televisiontechnology.eu
Paul - TV Techie

Postby Scipio » Wed May 24, 2017 9:10 am

Have Sky managed to block all of their satellite channels??
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Sat May 27, 2017 4:28 pm

Have Sky managed to block all of their satellite channels??

They have changed the encryption, not blocked the signal as such. For quite some time the HD Sky channels have not been available on the card share (unofficial) Sky service. This is because they did have a different / newer form of encryption to the standard definition channels - which has not at this point in time (or for the last 3 years odd) hacked or cracked.

Issue was in the UK, there were many people with quite old Sky boxes. Standard definition models. These older models would not work with the new encryption, so Sky had to wait until all the old SD boxes were out of circulation. Anyone officially signed up to Sky, now must have wn HD box.

Once Sky drawn a line in the sand with the old boxes, they then starting switching the encryption across on the SD channels, to the newer encryption of the HD channels - and bingo, these have not been 'cracked' so channels start disappearing off the card share service.

If you have a satellite dish with a Sky HD box in Spain, with an official card, you will still be getting the Sky signal - we have active subscription (test) all signal / channels available. Issue is with the UNOFFICIAL card share / satellite service.

We have been misled by a certain party that fitted us with this package and although he has passed us onto another provider (without our knowledge) we are being treated like a complete nuisance when we are, in fact, just normal customers wanting a tv box that works properly.

I think part of the issues is some individuals / companies do not really advise people what they have or THE TRUTH. I have almost fallen over laughing when told (one example) - that a certain little company in Spain, has paid UK Sky €500,000 licensing agreement to allow them to install these set ups privately in Spain. :oops: hmm. Lying to technophobe pensioners. Very nice.

Simply put - If it is a Sky box, the it is Sky official. There are still other 'non official' services available - but make no mistake, unless it says Sky on the box, then it is not the official version - any tall tales of licenses or special deals with Sky, are simply not true.
Paul - TV Techie

Next