Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Old Lidl store

Re: Old Lidl store

Postby Jillandsteve » Wed May 17, 2017 8:40 am

Pick and pay has a small range and is ok to visit and hopefully find something you really need the day you go
There are bargains at all of the supermarkets at one time and another so just get them when you can and as its food you'll eventually eat them
I dislike the snobbery displayed when you mention Iceland and 'you can get better food at local supermarkets' . It's all about choice, we shop in spanish supermarkets as much as anybody and yes the fresh food is superb but sometimes you want a crumpet or a muffin or a packet of around 20 penguins for a euro so please people cut out the holier than thou attitude and enjoy the diversity
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Jan » Wed May 17, 2017 9:06 am

Jillandsteve wrote:Pick and pay has a small range and is ok to visit and hopefully find something you really need the day you go
There are bargains at all of the supermarkets at one time and another so just get them when you can and as its food you'll eventually eat them
I dislike the snobbery displayed when you mention Iceland and 'you can get better food at local supermarkets' . It's all about choice, we shop in spanish supermarkets as much as anybody and yes the fresh food is superb but sometimes you want a crumpet or a muffin or a packet of around 20 penguins for a euro so please people cut out the holier than thou attitude and enjoy the diversity

:text-goodpost:

We are so lucky in our areas to have so much choice!

I like all the supermarkets and there are certain things that are good or better than some others, in all of them.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby donaduo » Wed May 17, 2017 9:50 am

Supermarket snobbery does exist and the mix of Supermarkets we have is tremendous.

One would experience such a sense of loss if One were not able to view the itchy people struggling with their comestibles at ASDA, as One cruised by in One's Range Rover on route to Waitrose
donaduo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby dr.doolittle » Wed May 17, 2017 9:58 am

mondo wrote:If it is UK foods you want you can often get those items much cheaper than Iceland at Pick and Pay in Guardamar..just a couple of miles from Iceland...

It is just common sense to shop around.. but if you have not been to Pick and Pay it is worth a look...

a lot better than Iceland.
dr.doolittle

Postby siestasunbeds » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Can someone confirm it is going to be a JYSK store and if so do you know when it will be opening. Popped into a branch in Coventry today​ and saw some lovely items . Thanks. Maggie X
siestasunbeds

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo crispin

Postby Sandown Jane » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Yes Maggie it's jysk shopfitters were working in there last week so could be opening soon I'm always in the one near playa flamenca picked up some lovely things for our villa from there will be good to have one local
Sandown Jane

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby siestasunbeds » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Thanks Xx
siestasunbeds

Postby SharonSpain » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:04 pm

TKO Radio are doing a roadshow in the car park on Saturday 17th so I assume this is also the opening day.
SharonSpain

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby siestasunbeds » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:33 pm

Thanks. We aren't back out until next month but will be paying them a visit.
siestasunbeds

Postby Sandown Jane » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:29 am

Is the new jysk store open yet?
Sandown Jane

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

PreviousNext