Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Bank repossession

Bank repossession

Postby sandra ann » Tue May 30, 2017 9:27 pm

Evening all , I wonder if anybody can give me some advice please , we have looked at a bank owned property which was repossessed from the builder and it looks like our offer will be accepted , the property is in good condition and finished internally , there are no light fittings just wiring and wiring for the air conditioning units , not having any experience in buying a repossession how can we tell if the electrics , plumbing and drainage work has been finished and in working order ? should there be any certificates like here in the UK or do you people buy hoping everything is in order ?
Am I correct in thinking our solicitor will get the utilities connected , so many unanswered questions , the excitement of owning a lovely villa is now being clouded with uncertainties any advise would be gratefully received

Many thanks

Sandra
sandra ann

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Bank repossession

Postby marcliff » Tue May 30, 2017 9:36 pm

Ensure that there is a habitation certificate to go with the property. This is called, variously, a licence of first occupation, certificado de habitacion or whatever. It is normal for new Spanish property just to have the wires sticking through the ceiling. But without that initial certificate the utility companies won't connect you.
The seller, in this case the bank, is responsible for ensuring this certificate is in place and your solicitors are responsible for ensuring the property has one. Yes, the solicitors can arrange utility connections but it will probably cost about 800 euro to get it done (they don't do nothing for nothing like solicitors everywhere).
If they cannot get that certificate or try and charge you to get one then go elsewhere. Loads of properties available at the moment with all certificates in place.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby sandra ann » Tue May 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Many thanks for your answer it is really helpful , I will be checking this tomorrow before we go any further .
sandra ann

Postby transitman » Tue May 30, 2017 9:44 pm

you better watch out for complimentary tax aswell
transitman

Which part of Spain are you from?: rojales

Postby michelle3934841 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi Sandra , if I was you I would try and get a good builder to go view with you and see what he thinks .

Best Regards and hope it goes well
michelle3934841

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby sandra ann » Tue May 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Thanks Michelle , probably a good idea , already thinking maybe a resale property is a better option .
sandra ann

Postby Tootandploot » Tue May 30, 2017 10:18 pm

We also considered buying a property from a bankrupt builder and thought it was the bargain of the century until we encountered the exact difficulties as mentioned in previous posts. In addition, the Community had not been set up and there were disputes as to who should pay for what. particularly the communal pool which although had been filled with water from the builders supply the pool was not functioning or capable of being properly maintained as the builders electricity and water supply had been disconnected because of debts. To have these reconnected would be at the cost of the residents and as only a fraction of the houses were occupied the costs/debts were disproportionate.
Tootandploot

Postby sandra ann » Tue May 30, 2017 10:28 pm

Thanks for your reply , The property we are looking at is in Lo Crispin , I believe everything is as it should be with the communal gardens and pools , unless somebody is going to tell me otherwise , I'm almost afraid to ask :shock:
sandra ann

Postby michelle3934841 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi again Sandra , we are on Lo Crispin and it is a lovely urbanisation ,if it is the curved ones at the top of the estate a few have already sold that were repossessed from the builders , go door knocking and see if you can find out how the other buyers have got on, we purchased a repossession but was not straight form the builder .

Hope this helps luvy
michelle3934841

Postby sandra ann » Tue May 30, 2017 10:54 pm

Thanks Michelle , it is one of the curved ones at the top of the estate , hopefully everything will go to plan as we really like it there , it's good to know that others have bought previously it reassures me that hopefully everything will be okay, but all the answers have been really helpful , I will be asking questions to the bank tomorrow , we are not back until the beginning of July in time for the completion so no chance to knock the neighbours but you never know they may be on the forum tomorrow :D
sandra ann

Next