Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Mercedes Benz 2011 C220 cdi - Need Car Sat Nav Update

Mercedes Benz 2011 C220 cdi - Need Car Sat Nav Update

Postby Beauly » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:25 am

Hi
Can anyone please help. Need to update car sat nav. Was not fitted when car was new but was put in afterwards by Mercedes Benz.
Was told that the disc only costs approx €50, BUT need to update the telematics (whatever that is) first. Mercedes garage in Torrevieja wanted €400 plus to do it.
Any help appreciated.
Many thanks
Beauly

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Balcones

Re: Mercedes Benz 2011 C220 cdi - Need Car Sat Nav Update

Postby Ray36 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:56 am

Hello
If you have the Becker Map Pilot module that fits in the glove box like mine you can buy a new module with 2017 maps for around £190 on ebay. I'm not sure, but if it was fitted from new by a Mercedes garage they should update it when the car is serviced .
Ray36

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Siesta

Postby Beauly » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:05 am

Hi there
Many thanks for the reply. It is a late 2011 model, as far as I know, maps are on a hard drive within the car. The easiest way to describe it is there is an sd slot on the console. The actual dvd costs around £50, but the expensive part, according to Mercedes Benz is getting the pin code to activate the update. This I understand is why Mercedes garage in Torrevieja wants to charge €350/400, being a novice us not easy!!! Any further help greatly appreciated
Beauly

Postby camionpilot » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:10 pm

Just buy a standalone t/tom /garmin with free updates , then tell mercs where to stick there pricy updates ...!!

Most manufacturers systems are stripped down versions of normal sat navs and are pretty poor systems : the blue and me systems fitted in fiats is a stripped back tom tom and the one I had was absolute rubbish so I bought a s/alone Go 50 , which is a world away from the fitted system with its limited facilities and poor expensive updates ...!!!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Beauly » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks. Best idea!!
Beauly