Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Missing post

Re: Missing post

Postby Fairyfloss » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:20 am

We also live on Monte Azul and have done for nearly 14 years. Over the last year we have had a lot of mail gone missing........we do have a postal box at the bottom of the urbanisation. This includes mail that we regularly received before and which is always properly addressed. I popped in to the Town Hall yesterday and had a chat with Petra. I now know I'm not the only one having problems. Apparently last week, the Correos Office were spoken to and have been asked to hand over any undelivered mail to the Town Hall, but as of yet nothing has been handed in. You can go to the Correos Office yourself to see if they have anything........all you need is your address and they'll simply give you a yes or no. I did it yesterday.......even if your Spanish is limited, I'm sure you'll be fine. For anyone who isn't aware, the Correos Office has moved into what used to be the Police Station next door to the Town Hall. Petra has asked that anyone currently experiencing or that has experienced problems, please write a letter to the Mayor and hand it into the Town Hall (in Spanish would be best). Hand delivery is best as knowing the postal system, they would probably never reach him! The more complaints they receive in writing, the better.
Fairyfloss

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby mondo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:58 am

If there is a buzon where all the urbs post is left you might want to check with neighbours to see if the post has been mis-posted in the wrong box.

It has happened on our urb many times. It is not too bad if the post is in a resident´s box, but if it has been posted in a holiday home then it could be months before you get it..

We use a box at the correos.. we have never lost a letter yet...for about one and a half euros a week we feel it is worth it.

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby glosman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:35 pm

When we moved here we had similar problems so best solution & one that works was to get a mail box which are available in the Correos or at Post Rooms for example. Know this costs but just makes things easier.
glosman

Which part of Spain are you from?: benimar

Postby Bonnieb » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi there, for your peace of mind for the future you might like to consider the option of opening a mail box at the Post Room in Benijofar, its just behind the church. Really helpful staff and a great service x
Bonnieb

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Previous