Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Sip card advice please?

Sip card advice please?

Postby paddybhoy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:44 am

Hi there looking for a bit of information regarding a zip card my wife & I are due to get our residency sorted next week & we are getting mixed info regarding getting a Sip card & registering with a doctor we are on the padron in torrevieja but we have been told we will have to go to the town hall in either Quesada or rojales to get our card can anyone who has been through this procedure recently let us know if we need to make an appointment at the town hall & what documents we need to take with us we have also been told to just go to our local health centre & they will give us a Sip card so as you can see we are a bit confused so any help would be great
paddybhoy

Which part of Spain are you from?: torrevieja

Re: Sip card advice please?

Postby 20kiki » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:32 pm

This question pops up quite regularly. Officially, no. The padron (empadronamiento) is the equivalent of the electoral roll and only those normally resident here should be on it.
However, the ayuntamiento gets an allowance from the national and regional governments based on the amount of people on the padron. This helps to pay for local road repairs, infrastructure, lighting and the many other things they are responsible for. Rojales town hall, who you come under, allows non-residents to sign on the padron. For this you will need your passports and a copy of your deeds or a long term rental agreement. They will give you the certificate for this.
Once you have it, you can apply for a temporary healthcard (SIP). For this you will need the padron plus your UK EHIC cards. Basically it allows you to see a GP without having to use your EHIC every time. You will have to pay for prescriptions.
This temporary healthcard is simply a card showing you hold an EHIC and will enable you to access everything you would normally get with an EHIC but without registering at the health centre every time. The card will have an expiry date and will be for 3 or 6 months depending on the information you give when you apply for it.
marcliff Posts: 1960Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:41 pmLocation: Doña Pepa 2Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2Gender: Male
20kiki

Which part of Spain are you from?: Toretta Florida

Postby iant » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Once you have your residency if you go to Rojales town hall the lady at the desk at the bottom of the stairs is very helpful. All she does is SIP cards and heath related matters. She will tell you what you need and once you have everything she will process your application. May be worth a trip to ask her for info. I know she is there most mornings.
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby Janjan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:58 pm

I would trlephone Help Vega Baja either the San Miguel Office 906723733 or the Torrevieja one 965704282 and ask their advice. It makes a difference if you are Resident and also living in Torrevieja.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area