Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Iceland ! Beware of possible scam when shopping at Iceland i

Iceland ! Beware of possible scam when shopping at Iceland i

Postby alexandra1108 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:22 am

Be very aware when shopping at Iceland in Torrevieja,Several times at the checkout I have been charged full price for discounted items The first time 3 weeks ago and I did not notice until checking my bill at home, several items overcharged to the tune of 5euros 60c.This week I separated discounted items 4 in total and was still charged full price, I brought it to the attention of the cashier who had scanned the bar code and not the discount Be aware, very aware, a little scam being operated
alexandra1108

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa quesada

Re: Iceland ! Beware of possible scam when shopping at Icela

Postby Jan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:19 am

alexandra1108 wrote:Be very aware when shopping at Iceland in Torrevieja,Several times at the checkout I have been charged full price for discounted items The first time 3 weeks ago and I did not notice until checking my bill at home, several items overcharged to the tune of 5euros 60c.This week I separated discounted items 4 in total and was still charged full price, I brought it to the attention of the cashier who had scanned the bar code and not the discount Be aware, very aware, a little scam being operated

I wouldn't necessarily call this a scam as it happens regularly in UK supermarkets. I always check my discounted items and often have to point it out. I believe that the discounts are not always put through on the system as so many things are discounted each day. I have taken my bill back to the store the next time I've gone in if I missed them the first time and they are usually refunded after they've checked.

Admittedly it shouldn't happen but I don't think it's worth these big stores doing this on purpose IMO.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby maria elena » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:41 am

I was in Jysk yesterday where they have a "sale" on. We were charged the full price for 2 items. We returned to the store and spoke to a man who seemed to be in charge. He gave our original sales assistant a severe b*ll*cking and told him to always use the till price not the computer price. I think it was a genuine mistake.
maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby elchedave » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:25 am

Much the same at carrefour with the 70% off your second item & 3 for 2 offers.
Always check your till receipt!!!!
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Pauline.fontana » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:22 pm

elchedave wrote:Much the same at carrefour with the 70% off your second item & 3 for 2 offers.
Always check your till receipt!!!!

We went to Carrefour ....2 for one iterms ......l was charged per item there all at it
Cherrybobs
Pauline.fontana

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo bravo