Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Fiber by Ocean's or Telfy?

Fiber by Ocean's or Telfy?

Postby Carel » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Has anybody this company for fiber optic in Quesada/Rojales?

I am looking around to see what is the best for internet connection.
I want to have parbol dish for TV because is more reliable.

Hoping for any answers

/Carel
Carel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Re: Fiber by Ocean's or Telfy?

Postby carolandgraeme » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:33 pm

We had fibre optic internet and phone installed a few months back fro Telfy. Would recommend them, really fast internet and we have free UK landline calls.
carolandgraeme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Dave c » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Meganet are installing fibre optic around aeroporto Ave area does anybody know how good and how much it is to have it installed etc.
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Carel » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:30 pm

carolandgraeme wrote:We had fibre optic internet and phone installed a few months back fro Telfy. Would recommend them, really fast internet and we have free UK landline calls.

Thank you, hope they can install in my area. :text-thankyouyellow:
Carel

Postby Carel » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:38 pm

I was looking at Jazztel they are offering 300/300 for 25,90€/month, is very cheap.
Anyone with some experience?
Carel

Postby Patagonia » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:06 am

Jazztel are not to be trusted, keep well away. Took a year to realize they should not be charging me after I changed to Telfy. Pulling their payments back should have been a hint, and the 2 letters and a fax? Customer service is a joke. Something breaks and it take weeks to fix, blaming Telefonica for not fixing it!Take anyone but them. And they charge for ALL calls that are not Jazztel to Jazztel, and there is not many of those left!!
Patagonia

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby Carel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Patagonia wrote:Jazztel are not to be trusted, keep well away. Took a year to realize they should not be charging me after I changed to Telfy. Pulling their payments back should have been a hint, and the 2 letters and a fax? Customer service is a joke. Something breaks and it take weeks to fix, blaming Telefonica for not fixing it!Take anyone but them. And they charge for ALL calls that are not Jazztel to Jazztel, and there is not many of those left!!

Thanks a lot for the information :text-goodpost:
Carel

Postby Ross Kemp » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:49 pm

I am wondering why you changed to Telfy?
What was Oceans connection costs for internet .
Telfy looks big and they are connecting internet on my complex.
But there connection fees 150€ to 200€ and only 10mb up speed.
meganet gives you free connection if you agree to a 18 month contract and you can turn it off if your away.

I wonder what the other too have are they able to connect me in Gran Sol.
Help

That's why is good to shop around
www.meganetplus.es
www.telfy.es
www.oceans.es
www.jasstel.es

If you have an android box or an upgradable satalight box . You can have IPTV. AT NO COST.. OR JUST BUY A AMAZON FIRESTICK. ITS VERY EASY TO SETUP.
Ross Kemp

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:38 am

[quote] You can have IPTV. AT NO COST.. OR JUST BUY A AMAZON FIRESTICK. ITS VERY EASY TO SETUP.[/quote

Hacked Amazon firesticks use Kodi. Kodi is unreliable with streams being switched off and apps as well. Yes free - but simple/stable - no, not unless you are using the Firestick for Amazon prime. Amazon also made numerous threats about blocking Firesticks that have sideloaded or non-official software on them.

It looks like Kodi in the main, has 'had its day'. It seems like on a weekly basis apps are being shut down, live streams are hard to locate / unstable. It does still have its uses - free is free. But simple, easy, turn it on and watch TV like a Sky box or regular TV box, quite a way from it. Hosted type services offer considerable differences, such as the likes of a program guide, catch up services, defined channel list, recording all in a singular operating system - which is what people are used to, rather than a mish mash of semi working applications.

Other services such as Kodi as a little 'home hobbyist' as well as the number of applications you need, as well as the dependence on content all of which is being relied on being freely available.An example of an issue often experienced is when people are watching live football. Person hosting freely may have capability of 1000 simultaneous users, then 10,000 jump on - no ones is monitoring, as its free.....Then whole thing grinds to a half, picture freezes. In any properly executed hosted based service, the amount of users online is actively monitored and new servers added as system expands, keeping services stable.

Horses for courses ;-) Ultimately if going down the path of IPTV, there's a few ways to go about it IMO Amazon firestick is ok for a little play, but personally for a main viewing solution, believe there are better options available.

Paul
http://www.televisiontechnology.eu
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante