Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

RHD car

Re: RHD car

Postby TerryG » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:53 pm

donaduo wrote:There are far more LHD cars, vans and lorries plying the roads in the UK and, especially in southern England in the summer, than there are in Spain. They do so with relative ease so, other than toll booths and barriers when on your own, do not be discouraged from taking your RHD car to Spain.

Because they haven`t got a choice. They`re invariably on holiday or driving a truck and I´m not how you would know how at ease they are, especially if towing a caravan.

I used to drive a RHD truck to the Middle East for many years and always found overtaking a very dangerous manoeuvre and saw many accidents, some fatal. In the end I bought a LHD truck and the difference was amazing and much, much safer.

If you intend to live in Spain, buy a vehicle that´s best suited for the roads. The reasons for it far outweigh the reasons against it, and one of them is safety.
TerryG

Re: RHD car. No problems whatsoever. I have recently had m

Postby jacksonmrd » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:25 am

No problem whatsoever....I have recently had mine converted to Spanish plates with all the necessary adjustments
I think it's a myth that it makes driving difficult. (Spanish drivers make driving difficult!!!)
PM me if I can help at all
David
jacksonmrd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Jan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:37 pm

We have just removed a few posts that had no relevance to this topic and more relevant to the troublemakers from other forums - This is a is a helpful topic that went 'off topic'.

Please stay on topic everyone.

* Message to those whose posts were removed, just remember we are watching you carefully - It's easy for us to know the ones who come back on after being banned, who think it's fun for some strange reason to metamorphosise into someone else and troll forums to try to wind people up!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Pete31 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:40 pm

I have had my mx5 in Spain for the last 7 years had no problems whatsoever. Go for it!
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby TerryG » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:19 pm

When we moved to Spain eighteen years ago we drove down in our Peugeot 405 GTX. I`m used to driving RHD in Europe so it was not a problem. Five years later, it was stolen and I then bought a new LHD Ford. My life in Spain then got that little bit easier. :D
TerryG

Previous

Return to Quesada general discussion