Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Iberdrola

Iberdrola

Postby Shirleyslater » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:22 am

I have lived in Quesada since September 2016 and i have lost count how many power cuts we have here. It is hopeless to set the timer on the oven and also our electric clocks are of no use here.
I have learnt to save everything every 15 mins on my computer because all my work was lost when we first came. I use my computer a lot for writing stories etc.
Over the last 3 days we have has 6 power cuts, the last one this morning.
Is this normal for this Company.
Also our electric bills are enormous, miles more than the UK.
I am thinking of changing my electric supplier but are they all the same. I dont want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire.
Shirleyslater

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Iberdrola

Postby Jan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:19 am

Shirleyslater wrote:I have lived in Quesada since September 2016 and i have lost count how many power cuts we have here. It is hopeless to set the timer on the oven and also our electric clocks are of no use here.
I have learnt to save everything every 15 mins on my computer because all my work was lost when we first came. I use my computer a lot for writing stories etc.
Over the last 3 days we have has 6 power cuts, the last one this morning.
Is this normal for this Company.
Also our electric bills are enormous, miles more than the UK.
I am thinking of changing my electric supplier but are they all the same. I dont want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire.

Are you on a new development? When our development was new we had lots of power cuts as the builders were working on other parts of the development but since then we hardly have any in fact as far as I know we've had none.

Also, are you sure it isn't your home electric fuse box that is tripping out? just a thought.

We are with Iberdrola and, other than the fact that electricity in Spain has gone up a lot in the last few years, it still seems cheaper than our UK bills.

Maybe others can say if they have lots of power cuts in the same area as you.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Chico Latino » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:51 am

Hi Shirley,
I have been living in Quesada (Dona Pepa) for the past 6 months and have not yet had a power cut (and do not want any) Maybe check with neighbours to see if theres is also going off along with yours. Just a thought.

Also, I do a weekly check of my electric meter and water meter in order to keep an eye on things. There are 4 of us in the house and we use on average 2 or 3 units of water per week which works out at about 2.50 euro - the other 60 euro on the bill being made up of various charges for bins being emptied & sewerage etc etc:

As for the electric, we are also with Iberdrola an we use on average 80 units per week - this includes running 2 air con units for at least 6 hours every night. This works out at roughly 15 euro per week (0.1.544 per unit) although again, there is another 40 euro or so added to your bill every 2 months for other charges.

Hope this helps.
Chico Latino

Which part of Spain are you from?: Do a Pepa Quesada

Postby Shirleyslater » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:54 am

Hi Jan
Thanks for the reply.
We are in calle rosas, not a new development, its an old area really.
We always check the fuse box first, but it has never been a house problem, always we wait for a few minutes and it comes on, sometimes an hour.

They have fitted a smart neter, but that is not the problem because the cuts have been all the time.
I think i will go down to the office and try to sort.
Shirleyslater

Postby brandyboy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:42 am

No problems here in Romeria area. The supply from Iberdrola has been consistent for many years now.
You are doing the right thing by going to their offices, hopefully you get things sorted quickly.
brandyboy

Postby marcliff » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 pm

!. What power rating (potencia) are you contracted for? If a low one then the stuff could trip off if you exceed the contracted amount, particularly with a smart meter.
2. It's over 6 years since we had a power cut in this area, when it was handed over to the national grid.
3. Changing suppliers may not help. Power is provided by the national grid and the suppliers are Iberdrola. Whichever company you go with will still have the same provider.
4. We are all electric and no gas. Our monthly bill is between 70 and 75 euro so pretty good. Sounds more when you convert it to pounds because of the downward spiral against the euro. Before we had smart meters, the bill was closer to 100 euro a month so the changes in daily charging is working out well.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Chico Latino » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:13 pm

Just had a chat with my friend who had a similar issue, and as Marcliff has said above in point 1 - he was on a 3.5 kw supply (less than half of a standard UK supply) and when using various items around the house the electric would trip.
Chico Latino

Which part of Spain are you from?: Do a Pepa Quesada

Postby Harry Epsom » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:33 pm

We are on a 5.5kw contract with Iberdrola and have no problems. Check your last bill, which indicates your allowance (Potencia contratada: x.x kW). If it is less than 5.5kw then call in the Iberdrola office in Guardamar and ask them to upgrade your supply.
Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Shirleyslater » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:54 pm

It is not tripping out indoors. We wait for a few minutes or a couple of hours and it comes back on.

I have been to the office today and they say we are on the correct tarriff.
The money aside, the power cuts here are really bad.
I got home this morning from my visit to their office in Almoradi and my son said that we had another 4 power cuts in quick succession.
I dont know what else to do about it.
Shirleyslater

Postby jpeg » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:06 pm

You need a good electrician to sort it out must have a short circuit somewhere
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Next