Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Easy Horse Care need help

Easy Horse Care need help

Postby Drama Queen » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:42 pm

I'm forwarding this from our amazing local horse rescue centre, who are in need of help. So if you can make a donation - please do!
Guys, we are really struggling financially at the moment. We have rescued two new ponies (including this poor soul pictured) and a donkey in the past month alone, all in conjunction with police and all requiring expensive medical treatment. And it looks like yet another skeletal pony is on his way here – we will give you full details when we have them.
It is also August, the month in which everyone in Spain goes on summer holidays, and our charity stores takings have plunged by 50% or more. We set these shops up so our centre can be as self-sustaining as possible, but when the shops are slow things get really tough. We are having to dip into the last of our own savings just to cover our feed and veterinary bills.
So we are now launching a euro drive – can you donate just one euro (or dollar or pound) today to help us? This will make a very small dent in your own bank account, yet will collectively help us so very much.
You can do so here: http://easyhorsecare.net/donate/one-off-donation
These four new rescues show our sanctuary is more important than ever in Spain, as there is simply nowhere else for abused and neglected equines to go. But we cannot do it without your help. Please help us get through this difficult summer month by donating just one euro today. Can you please share this post, too?
Thank you!
Drama Queen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Near the golf course

Re: Easy Horse Care need help

Postby jpeg » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:23 pm

Done
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby brandyboy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Done. Good luck!!!!
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Shiva » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Me too, keep up the good work
Shiva

Postby Samantha74 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:52 pm

Done :0)) your doing an amazing job xx
Samantha74

Postby prefect » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:21 am

Can you please open your sanctuary more often than you do at present.
I love to visit to admire the animals and donate each time, but I am not able to visit on the rare occasions you are open
I'm sure that many tourists with their families would love to visit to see the wonderful way you have cared for the the animals:text-thankyouyellow:
prefect

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales/Quesada

Postby Drama Queen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:05 pm

Thank you from the charity for the donations that have come through this forum. They are delighted. Prefect, I know they would open more if they could, but at the moment just keeping the horses clean and fed is a stretch. They would love volunteers to help if there is anyone out there with a few hours a week to spare. They are a local charity...we can see where the money goes and such a devoted team of people to look after rescued horses and donkeys, many of whom are in a terrible state when they arrive. So any help that can be given is truly appreciated.
Drama Queen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Near the golf course

Postby jpeg » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Well done for bringing this to our notice Drama Queen keep up the good work
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Samantha74 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:55 pm

A big thank you to everyone who donated, a one time payment makes a big difference but I was thinking if we could set up a direct debit for this great cause, you can donate as little as 5 euros a month!! I for one will certainly be doing this.

Cheers everyone
Samantha
Samantha74

Postby Sunny B » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Done. Just had a look at their website - what wonderful kind people they must be to give so much of their time and money to helping these poor animals.
Sunny B