Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Quesada Street Parade 2017

Quesada Street Parade 2017

Postby Chico Latino » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Having thoroughly enjoyed last years street parade through Quesada, which was very entertaining, and lasted the best part of 2 hours. I am the only one who thought this years was very "thin" on the ground?

It lasted all of 40 minutes, and contained about 6 themes.

Can I just also say thank you to those who did take part, and put in the effort, and also a thank you to the organisers.

Though, Is it maybe time for the council to fund this parade (if they do not already) or maybe a large prize to encourage more people to take part?
Something has to be done, or I have a feeling his parade may fall by the way side. Hope not.
Chico Latino

Which part of Spain are you from?: Do a Pepa Quesada

Re: Quesada Street Parade 2017

Postby bangorbob » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:53 pm

I have to agree with you, last year's parade was so much better with lot's more content, I do hope that we are not seeing the demise of such a valued event in Quesada.
bangorbob

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby donaduo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:41 pm

bangorbob wrote:I have to agree with you, last year's parade was so much better with lot's more content, I do hope that we are not seeing the demise of such a valued event in Quesada.

I fear that the only 'value' in the event is for the Don Carlos and a few street vendors.

From my point of view, the parade was an unpolished travesty.
donaduo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chico Latino » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:57 pm

donaduo wrote:
bangorbob wrote:I have to agree with you, last year's parade was so much better with lot's more content, I do hope that we are not seeing the demise of such a valued event in Quesada.

I fear that the only 'value' in the event is for the Don Carlos and a few street vendors.

From my point of view, the parade was an unpolished travesty.

:text-goodpost:
Chico Latino

Postby eljacko » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:59 pm

I live right on the doorstep and am convinced that the whole festival was a let down compared with previous years. Pity they have to make so much noise but that's another subject!
eljacko

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Chico Latino » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:05 pm

eljacko wrote:I live right on the doorstep and am convinced that the whole festival was a let down compared with previous years. Pity they have to make so much noise but that's another subject!

:text-goodpost:
Chico Latino

Postby CostaQuesada » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:19 pm

just a thought on the last post, if it had been busier wouldnt it have also been louder and what is the problem with loud once a year for a parade that seems to be on its knees !!!
CostaQuesada

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Chico Latino » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:53 pm

CostaQuesada wrote:just a thought on the last post, if it had been busier wouldn't it have also been louder and what is the problem with loud once a year for a parade that seems to be on its knees !!!

Dont think it would matter how busy it is, nothing would be louder than the 5 am disco sound, lol. Also dont think the previous poster was that concerned with the noise in all honesty - just a wee cheap shot.

The parade was not on its knees last year, it was fantastic last year. This year though, I have a sneaking suspicion that funding was not as forthcoming as in previous years. Something just not right.

I also agree with a previous post in that the only ones who really benefit are those who get to set up "shop" out on the road way to sell their produce. :text-givemebeer::text-givemebeer::text-givemebeer:
Chico Latino

Postby brandyboy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:16 pm

I went down there last night and I was distressed to hear a cat being strangled.
Strangely though and having a keen ear, there were hints of the Sinatra song ´My Way´in the poor creatures screams.
I wonder, does anyone know if the poor thing was rescued?
The screaming went on for about four and a half minutes which again, coincidentally, is about the same length as that song, weird. :shock:
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chico Latino » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:32 pm

brandyboy wrote:I went down there last night and I was distressed to hear a cat being strangled.
Strangely though and having a keen ear, there were hints of the Sinatra song ´My Way´in the poor creatures screams.
I wonder, does anyone know if the poor thing was rescued?
The screaming went on for about four and a half minutes which again, coincidentally, is about the same length as that song, weird. :shock:

:lol::lol:
Chico Latino

Next