Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Central heating hi

Central heating hi

Postby allan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi can anyone help. I am having gas central heating installed in November with a new boiler fitted in the garage. The problem seems to be that the installer can't or won't fit a timer and insists that the stats on the radiators is sufficient?? Surely it's not difficult to fit a timer somewhere in the system. Or are there regulations prohibiting timers. Any advice would be gratefully received.
allan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Central heating hi

Postby polop » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:22 pm

That seems odd,you would have to go round each radiator to turn on.we have timer on ours??
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby garysl » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:28 pm

That's nonsense. We had it fitted last year and we have a remote timer/thermostat thing. Our boiler is in the underbuild and it's all connected up wirelessly. I'd look for another fitter. You'll need a timer in the winter if you're not going to waste a load of energy.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby allan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:56 am

Thank you for that it's exactly what o expected to hear. Will get back to installers.
allan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Niktam » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:34 am

It sounds like he doesn't like touching the electrics side of the install?
Niktam

Postby Gasplumbman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:45 am

In the good old uk its the law you must have have a timer and thermostat,if your having a combi it's a fairly simple job now with the wireless kits,I believe now you even get an energy certificate with the system provided by installer,p.s.at least one third of system should be controlled by a thermostat.also during the summer while heating is off don,t forget to open t.r.vs fully open or they will end up sticking shut
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa

Postby Ken Pullan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:23 am

That is rubbish - avoid this installer as its likely he has a gas fitting licence only (thats if he's registered in the first place) - and as already stated is avoiding the need to involve an electrician.

WE had CH fitted early this year - into the under-build with a remote control unit which has all the functions needed to control the system.

You are the customer so specify what you want not what he wants
Ken Pullan

Postby bobspain » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:25 am

Hi.....I just have a plug in clock timer unit on the electricity supply to mine. Works fine for me.
If the electricity supply to the boiler is off then it won't fire up.
Bob
bobspain

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Fulgencio

Postby scubydoo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:02 pm

No one would normaly fit a system without a programer/thermostat. Wireless kits start at aroud 50 euros and you can also get a Hive type system of Amazon for around £100 this allows you to adjust the system from your mobile or computer even if you are in the UK.
scubydoo