Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Internet speed

Re: Internet speed

Postby dennisthemenace » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:13 am

I was with ole 3mb very outdated kept going off absolute pointless so annoyed e-mailed them all i got no customer service so phoned vega fibra last week 100mb 24.95 month 2 days to install 59e for router absolutely brilliant.
dennisthemenace

Which part of Spain are you from?: la finca algorfa

Postby Paulr » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:18 am

nigieboy wrote:On checking my Internet connection I have tbe flowing
Download speed 2.77
Upload speed 0.48
Fastest server 65ms.(eu.paris).
My question is this normal in quesada area and how can I improve it?

My provider is ole communication.

How did you test your speeds please?

I used to do this in the UK via the Which? website, but don't know how to do it in Spain.

Thanks in advance.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby dennisthemenace » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:26 am

speedtest.net
dennisthemenace

Which part of Spain are you from?: la finca algorfa

Postby Paulr » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:28 am

:text-thankyouyellow:
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:09 pm

I am only contracted for 3mps and have asked them via email if this can be improved.I have iptv and need a better speed.
Would hard wiring help?
nigieboy

Starting at the top - I shouldn't say this. but believe it to be true. Take your 3Mbps figure and halve it. I've seen services dip to half that of quoted, so usually when calculating anything, I use this as a base reference - for a 'worst case' performance scenario.

As others stated 3Mbps for a starting point is not ideal for IPTV - not saying won't work, as if 3Mbs STABLE then ok for standard definition, pushing your luck with HD.

Wi Fi - will drop speed further. The distance to the router and walls in between slow down speed. Even if in same room as router hardwire always best. Could you not just test an ethernet cable to see if that works (without going as far initially as doing proper cable works - maybe technicians job).

Wi Fi - also can suffer / drop speed from local interference, portable phones and other wireless household items, or even neighbours phones etc through walls - sometimes.

You can also use home network plugs - media markt / carrefour - these put internet around the mains cable loop and in quite a few instances work better than Wi Fi (example) https://www.amazon.es/tP-LINK-Extensor- ... ds=tp+link

Also - what IPTV service (and box) are you using? Not all services are the same - for example if Kodi streams, these can be unreliable and freeze, however fast your internet is - so may need to review both aspects internet & the TV service being used - as i've seen someone with 200Mbs fibre complaining they can't watch TV....

Paul
http://www.televisiontechnology.eu
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby eaglet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:01 pm

I also live in Quesada. I used Ole and upgraded to their 6gb package which includes free national calls, app. €40 A month. My speed was less than 2 most of the time. I have just changed to DVBLAB, an office in El Raso for their 6gb package which included the internet and my phone with no free calls but throughout Europe calls are very cheap, suits me and have been checking my internet speed and it's been over 5gb except once, I pay €24 + calls, which are, as said very cheap 'it appears'!
Cheers AL
eaglet

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby nigieboy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:44 pm

Hi eagles how long have you had this and have you had problems at all with streaming?
Paul I have downloaded an app to my TV and am using that....4000 channels apparently from all.over the world.
I am assured my wifi is the reason for it juddering....
nigieboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Hi-it's-me » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:13 am

Hi, I live out a bit and have a dish with Telfy, their great, I get 15 meg down, which I speed test regularly and 2 meg up, I run 6-9 devices inc internet tv boxes, use for voip calls and skype. I am quite a heavy user. For work rest and play

I get 1000 mins free calls to U.K. Landlines, unlimited mobile calls with 100 texts and 8 gig of data all for about €60 inc tax, compaired with other services I've tried their great.
Other services throttled my connections (restricted or stopped me connecting to my voip provider) didn't give the speeds they promised, or were intermittent in strength and service.

I have 2 routers, first the one from Telfy, the second (on the other side of our large bungalow) is a honking great one (connected by cable) with 6 airels with this I can reach house and garden, with a good signal on two bands. (2.4 and 5 )

I hope this helps, but if you don't plan these things then you don't get the service you need where you need it, so end up with rubbish connection

They speak good English and charge €80 for setting up in about a week, other packages are available.
Just my opinion
Hi-it's-me

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Angela17 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:37 am

We went to Telfy yesterday. We were quoted €150 installation fee to be paid in cash to the technician when they came to our house.
Angela17

Postby TonTri » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:32 am

Angela17 wrote:We went to Telfy yesterday. We were quoted €150 installation fee to be paid in cash to the technician when they came to our house.

I think you will find that is the non-contract installation fee. It was €150 when Telfy installed ours in March except we opted for the 18-month contract so the charge was €80.
TonTri

PreviousNext