Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Internet HELP

Internet HELP

Postby eaglet » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi Folks,
Hope it's OK to post this here, as it's not particularly a Quesada orientated query???
Not sure where to post this as there doesn't appear to be a specific page for my query! I'm trying to copy nearly 300 DVD's to external Memory using the USB lead on the memory device. I have tried a couple but they took forever to d/load. My Q is is there a really fast way to d/load, looked on google/youtube but there are lot's of info. Just hoping for a quick answer! Sorry again if my Q shouldn't be posted here, just hoping there's a 'Techie' out there.
Cheers AL
eaglet

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Internet HELP

Postby marcliff » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:15 pm

If they are legal DVDs you will find they are copy protected. You need to find a "ripping" program to do this which copies them in a smaller format.
A DVD can hold 8Gb (although most are 4.7) of ISO memory so would probably take nearly 30 minutes to rip each one and then copy it. If you have 300 DVDs then you are looking at 150 hours of ripping and copying or about a months worth of working time if you have nothing else to do.
Best of luck.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby jpeg » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:55 pm

It helps if you are using a USB3 port as that is 10 times faster than USB 2 on laptops and pc s they are blue the software you need is DVD Shrink you can download a free copy
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby milor » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:01 pm

Should any of your DVD,s have been purchased from Amazon you can download them free of charge.
milor

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar