Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Santander in Spain

Santander in Spain

Postby Jon Stead » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:56 pm

I just opened a current account with Santander ES and found it to be extremely straightforward. The chap there was very helpful and if I work the payments correctly the account should be free to run.

I was surprised at Santander UK charging me £25 to transfer money from UK to Spain but have sinve found a firm online, Transfer Wise, that are a fraction of the Bank's costs and have so far proved to be reliable.
Jon Stead

Which part of Spain are you from?: Recorral Park

Re: Santander in Spain

Postby Jon Stead » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Santander banking in Spain is free if you meet certain conditions. For example maintain balance of 500 euros and pay in 700 euros each month. Otherwise there is 46 Euro a year for account and 28 euro a year for debit card plus 6 cents per transaction.
Jon Stead

Which part of Spain are you from?: Recorral Park

Postby Molly » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:36 pm

I have deutshe bank, and then cost Notting
Molly

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Katedaya » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:42 am

Molly wrote:I have deutshe bank, and then cost Notting

Where is this bank. It would be great if they don't charge. I am with Sabadell and they charge for every thing. I am looking for a bank account to pay all the tax's and other bill at no charge. Will be out in 2 weeks time and I need to get it sorted.
Katedaya

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya Veija

Postby Chalkie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Jon Stead wrote:
I was surprised at Santander UK charging me £25 to transfer money from UK to Spain but have sinve found a firm online, Transfer Wise, that are a fraction of the Bank's costs and have so far proved to be reliable.

Jon, we always use Transferwise ourselves too. It's so inexpensive, the rates are the best we have found & funds have always been in our Spanish bank within 24 hours.
Chalkie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar