Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Sabadell Bank - Information on the take-over from Lloyds

Re: Sabadell Bank - Information on the take-over from Lloyds

Postby panchotaff » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:16 pm

I Visited Lloyds Int in Guadarmar today.

The branch is to close on 14th March and all staff will be relocated to the Sabadell Branch in Guardarmar main street. Coming from Quesada it is on the left hand side of the road just past the main church.

I have a joint account with Lloyds. They confirmed we will only be charged one set of maintenance charges ( 15 Euro per quarter) but will be charged 9 Euro a year for each of our debit cards.

They also confirmed that any transfers between Banco Sabadell Espana and Lloyds group UK are free a long as the beneficiary and and sender are the same holder ( only for personal accounts).

They also mentioned that each month the first 5 entries are free and any others there is a 50 cent admin charge.

I should mention these charges relate to my basic account. I know the charges are different if you transfer money on a monthly basis or if your balance exceeds a certain figure.

They gave me a handout which shows some of the charges etc. I will scan it in within next couple of days and attach it to a post.

I also had trouble activating my new Sabadell online card which has to be used for online banking as from 15 March 2014. The 4 digits which you have to enter online are the first 4 digits of your current Lloyds login password.

Hope this helps

Panchotaff
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby panchotaff » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:36 pm

I forgot to mention there will be a new IBAN etc from 17 March. Allegedly there is a letter in the post which be be received within the next week.
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Jan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:23 pm

:text-goodpost:

Thank you panchotaff - Great information - It's so good to dispel some myths.

Do you know what it means when they say 'the first 5 entries' are free? Do you think they mean anything going through the account such as ATM cash withdrawals and direct debits?

Did you get any information on the statement that said if the account has a minimum amount (600 euros) in it at all time, there will be no charges - Well that's how I read the letter we received.

:text-thankyouyellow:

Jan.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Sandra » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:36 pm

Yes, I received a letter the other day to tell me about their new 'up front' policy - no hidden charges so €50 annual charge to maintain my account!
Sandra

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Jan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:30 pm

Guapa wrote:Please don't allow my long post to get 'lost' like what's happened to my post in the garage thread. It took ages to write not to mention collate the info to post.

All the posts that were posted in the 'garage thread' you mentioned are still there in the "recommended tradesmen and companies" forum.

You can always try the search facility if you can't find a post : recommended-tradesmen-and-companies-f47/garage-recommendations-t2049-10.html (There's a long post from you on page 2 - is that the one you mean?).

Jan.
Jan
Site Admin

Postby Jan » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Just received this letter in the post today in the UK (08/03/2014) See copy below. We haven't received a 'folder' as it says in the second attachment below (back of the letter) but maybe it is too big to send to the UK. Has anyone received this 'folder'?

Also I am still having trouble logging on to BS online to activate our online account. I can get into our Lloyds online account, as usual, and from there it says to click on the activate BS online, which I've done but then it doesn't recognise the log in details (user name and password - first 4 digits of P/W as instructed).

I have just tweeted Sabadell and they said this "The user name ID requested to log on to BSonline is the NIE/Passport number". Will be trying this later but has anyone else managed to log on and did you use the NIE/Passport number as ID and the first four digits of your password? This is not as instructed on the BS log-in details, it's so confusing! Is it just me?
:?

Any help would be appreciated before I tear my hair out again or my hubby's already high BP goes skywards. LOL
Sabadell 1edited.JPG

sabadell 2 edited.JPG

Jan.
Jan
Site Admin

Postby Theboundary » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Jan I use my passport number as my userID to log on but my 4 digital password has no connection with my passport number. I honestly can't remember how or why I use the 4 numbers I use as they are not numbers I would normally use for accessing ATM's etc.!!
I have been using the Sabadell App for quite some time now to access my account and find it ok.
I will attempt to look up old paperwork to see if I through some more light on this but got my grandson's birthday party today so may take a while.
Theboundary

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby JeremyB » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:39 pm

I use my NIE number which has a letter at both beginning and end and then use my 4 digit code.
JeremyB

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta

Postby Jan » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:57 pm

Theboundary wrote:Jan I use my passport number as my userID to log on but my 4 digital password has no connection with my passport number. I honestly can't remember how or why I use the 4 numbers I use as they are not numbers I would normally use for accessing ATM's etc.!!
I have been using the Sabadell App for quite some time now to access my account and find it ok.
I will attempt to look up old paperwork to see if I through some more light on this but got my grandson's birthday party today so may take a while.

I think the four numbers may be the first four digits of your original online password because that seems to be what we've been told to use. I will try the passport number when I calm down LOL...Had so much trouble yesterday I have to psych myself up to trying again.
:roll: :lol:

JeremyB wrote:I use my NIE number which has a letter at both beginning and end and then use my 4 digit code.

Will try that too, if the passport number idea doesn't work. The good thing is that because the only way to access the BSonline is to already be logged into our original online account, it doesn't lock us out after 3 tries - Well it didn't yesterday! If it did that you will probably hear my scream from there!
:text-lol:
Jan
Site Admin

Postby Jan » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:01 pm

Thank you for the help above but it didn't work for me! - Does anyone have any other ideas? I really need to know if any Lloyds customers have actually been able to activate the new BS online code card for the transfer over to Sabadell.

:think:

:confusion-helpsos:

Jan.
Jan
Site Admin

PreviousNext