Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Sabadell Bank

Sabadell Bank

Postby maria elena » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Has anyone been asked to prove what they're going to spend the money on when they withdraw cash (3,000 Euros plus) at the Bank? We've had some work done and, as usual, Builders want to be paid in cash. I've had to bring my estimates to the Bank before they will give me MY cash! We bank with Sabadell - but maybe not for much longer!
maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Sabadell Bank

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:21 pm

sometimes they ask to make sure your not being blackmailed or cohersed into withdrawing money by a con man or woman ,so I was told by someone drawing out,as he was questioned ,so he asked why they were asking him,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Roach » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Tell them its none of their sodding business.
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:28 pm

maria elena wrote:Has anyone been asked to prove what they're going to spend the money on when they withdraw cash (3,000 Euros plus) at the Bank? We've had some work done and, as usual, Builders want to be paid in cash. I've had to bring my estimates to the Bank before they will give me MY cash! We bank with Sabadell - but maybe not for much longer!

thought it was illegal to accept payments of cash over €1500 for any business.................
as ive been told banks query any payment of over 1k cash euro being paid in.............
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Jan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:40 pm

All banks ask this or should do. I recently transfered money into my other account to pay for a big item and was asked what the money transfer was for. I said 'why do you want to know' and the cashier said they are told to ask to make sure that someone isn't being 'scammed' (her words)
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby marcliff » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:58 pm

A limit of €2500 was placed on all cash transactions in, I think, 2012 for all residents. You can't pay for anything above that in cash, You can't split the cost into smaller payments as it is the total cost that counts. So, if you buy something for €3000 then you can't pay in 3 instalments of €1000.
Non-resident cash limits were €15,000 but that has been reduced to €3,000.
The government have proposed that this be reduced to €1,000 in Spain, France and Italy with Greece lowering it to €500.
Even in UK when I sold my old car, I paid £3,000 in cash into the bank and they asked me to show where the money had come from.
Obviously your builder is asking for cash so he doesn't have to pay IVA on it, something they are trying to crack down on but appears to be failing (hands up, I've just paid a builder €1050 for some work in cash. He did say I would have to pay 21% IVA if I used a card).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Roach » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:16 pm

There is a plan to bring in a cashless society so the increasing limits described above make sense.
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby Scipio » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:26 pm

I recently took €8000 in cash from Sabadell to buy a car from a private seller.
No problems or questions.
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby maria elena » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Scipio wrote:I recently took €8000 in cash from Sabadell to buy a car from a private seller.
No problems or questions.

Can you tell me which Branch that was please? My Branch is the one in Doña Pepa near the hotel La Laguna
maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Scipio » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Punta Prima.
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next