Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Formentera Del Segura

Re: Formentera Del Segura

Postby Dreamer123 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:46 pm

:text-thankyouyellow:Fantastic information ,thank you all so much :text-goodpost:
Dreamer123

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:45 am

yes agree, just to point out As you call it DISCO ALLEY, only busy on a sunday nite never seen any trouble there in 12years, good post Paulr! and only 40mins from Alicante airport.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Graham Stovold » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:00 am

Dreamer123 wrote:Wow , lots of different responses. We are going to visit and have seen some properties nearby to the football pitch that we like. We are more than happy to mix in with the locals, my husband speaks Spanish(well enough to get by in ) and on paper it looked good. Thank you all for taking time out to reply to me. :D

Glass man has given a fair reply Dreamer, I have had my property in this area since 2005 & although I agree & few gypsy families have moved in - I have never known them to cause any problems. The comments from Omerall (whatever his name is) & Dennis the menace are typical "up my own arse" comments you expect from some people these days.

Unless I am blind or naive, I have never witnessed drug taking or problems in any of the bars. Nor have I ever felt threatened at night. There are probably more dodgy people in & around Quesada then you would find in FDS.

Best thing to do is carry on on doing the homework& make your own judgement.
Graham Stovold

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Palacios

Postby Graham Stovold » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:02 am

Paulr wrote:
bktayken wrote:There are 3 different areas that make up Formentera 1. is the old village .. centred around the main square. 2. on the out skirts as you enter from Rojales (urbanisation) 3. is where the night clubs are situated . So any recommendations need to be more area specific as all towns citys world wide have good and bad areas .

Hi Dreamer123,

Just to expand on this post:

1. The main square of "old" Spanish villages is usually where the church and Ayuntamiento (Town Hall) are located - easy to find because the Ayuntamiento is always signposted. In this square is a "kiosk" bar and a typical Spanish bar, there are also numerous Spanish bars in the streets around the square.

2. This urb appears to be high rise apartment blocks when you drive into the village, but if you turn into it and follow the one way roads to the rear, there are a couple of roads of only 2 storey apartments and town houses - we were looking at them last week with friends who want a holiday home and it's amazingly quiet. There are communal pools and also a racquet club.

3. The third area which bktayken refers to is called "Los Palacios", in case you see it on estate agents' details. The nightclub area there is one road, referred to locally as "Disco Alley", but it also has a square/park with a kiosk bar.

4. There's also a fourth area, known as Fincas de la Vega, an urb located between the outskirts of Los Palacios and San Fulgencio. We have a park with boules alleys and a tennis court, but have to walk 15 minutes to the village of Daya Vieja for bars, restaurants, bank, pharmacy, etc.

The larger towns of Rojales and Benijofar are less than 5 minutes from Formentera del Segura, but for a serious shopping 'fix' you'd probably want to go to the shopping malls of Haberneras in Torrevieja or La Zenia Boulevard in Orihuela Costa.

Good luck!
:text-goodpost:
Graham Stovold

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Palacios

Postby dennisthemenace » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:24 pm

graham stovold up my own arse I only tell what i see with my own eyes i suggest you get out more,I don't lie this was all witnessed by me so don't call me a liar.
dennisthemenace

Which part of Spain are you from?: la finca algorfa

Postby brandyboy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:33 pm

In my experience most places in Rojales and it's neighbouring areas are fine.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Hammerfan1951 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:37 pm

dennisthemenace wrote:we bought there 10yrs ago,lasted three years drug dealing,gypies,coke snorting in the bars,water thrown from above when sitting outside the bars.utter s******e.

You obviously had a bad experience but to give information when you have not lived in the place for over 7 years may be misleading and inaccurate. As someone else has said, you get good and bad in all areas, but a more recent experience story may be more useful to someone wishing to buy there.
Hammerfan1951

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera del Segur

Postby donaduo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:16 pm

Hammerfan1951 wrote:
dennisthemenace wrote:we bought there 10yrs ago,lasted three years drug dealing,gypies,coke snorting in the bars,water thrown from above when sitting outside the bars.utter s******e.

You obviously had a bad experience but to give information when you have not lived in the place for over 7 years may be misleading and inaccurate. As someone else has said, you get good and bad in all areas, but a more recent experience story may be more useful to someone wishing to buy there.

You're quite correct Hammerfan, an up to date account is more pertinent. After all, the problems could have ended soon after dennis' departure
donaduo

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:48 pm

wot you saying.................dennis the menace caused them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby donaduo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:32 pm

No :shock: , I was quite innocently saying that, it was quite possible and coincidental that, following DtM's move seven years since, peace might have broken out and that, all has been well in FDS.

So, DtM's experience of FDS might well be a thing of the past.

But, your scenario is tantalising :text-lol:
donaduo

Previous

Return to Quesada general discussion