Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Formentera Del Segura

Formentera Del Segura

Postby Dreamer123 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi ,I am hoping one of the members of this forum could give me an idea of what Formentera Del Segura is like? Things like, shopping, things to do, bars,restaurants etc. Any help would be gratefully received.
Dreamer123

Re: Formentera Del Segura

Postby Graham Stovold » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Forget the shopping as there is nothing of the sort where you want to spend a couple hours. There are a few good bars but if I am being honest, you will need to venture into Benimar for a bit more of a selection.

Nice place to have a property though as it has a bit more of a Spanish feel.
Graham Stovold

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Palacios

Postby Dreamer123 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:56 pm

:text-thankyouyellow:Just the sort of answer I was looking for .
Dreamer123

Postby Tootandploot » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:30 pm

I have never lived there but close friends just moved away because of limited facilities and irritations from teenagers who frequent the sports pitches/pool. You may wish to avoid proximity to these.
Tootandploot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby omarell » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:27 am

I would not bother to buy or rent there. the streets are full of rubbish around the super value market and loads of gipsies
omarell

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby dennisthemenace » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:13 am

we bought there 10yrs ago,lasted three years drug dealing,gypies,coke snorting in the bars,water thrown from above when sitting outside the bars.utter s******e.
dennisthemenace

Which part of Spain are you from?: la finca algorfa

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:50 am

depends which area of formentura , I see our street sweeper every day in our street ,police patrols 2 0r more times daily, 2 good supermarkets mas y mas, dia, walkable to , some very nice Spanish bars, just keep away from the overpriced brit bars ,
eg . gin&tonic brit bar 5€, Spanish bar same gin same tonic 3.50€ plus a nibble.
lots of good areas ,a few bad areas ,which you will find were ever you go!
typical Spanish area if your prepared to mix with the Spanish,
all depends what you want,
but some people ghettoize them selves and wont mix ,just depends what you want from your holiday or permanent home.
for one thing it is,nt a concrete jungle like some areas/urbanisations, in my opinion.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Dreamer123 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:19 am

Wow , lots of different responses. We are going to visit and have seen some properties nearby to the football pitch that we like. We are more than happy to mix in with the locals, my husband speaks Spanish(well enough to get by in ) and on paper it looked good. Thank you all for taking time out to reply to me. :D
Dreamer123

Postby bktayken » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:26 am

There are 3 different areas that make up Formentera 1. is the old village .. centred around the main square. 2. on the out skirts as you enter from Rojales (urbanisation) 3. is where the night clubs are situated . So any recommendations need to be more area specific as all towns citys world wide have good and bad areas .
bktayken

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Paulr » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:28 pm

bktayken wrote:There are 3 different areas that make up Formentera 1. is the old village .. centred around the main square. 2. on the out skirts as you enter from Rojales (urbanisation) 3. is where the night clubs are situated . So any recommendations need to be more area specific as all towns citys world wide have good and bad areas .

Hi Dreamer123,

Just to expand on this post:

1. The main square of "old" Spanish villages is usually where the church and Ayuntamiento (Town Hall) are located - easy to find because the Ayuntamiento is always signposted. In this square is a "kiosk" bar and a typical Spanish bar, there are also numerous Spanish bars in the streets around the square.

2. This urb appears to be high rise apartment blocks when you drive into the village, but if you turn into it and follow the one way roads to the rear, there are a couple of roads of only 2 storey apartments and town houses - we were looking at them last week with friends who want a holiday home and it's amazingly quiet. There are communal pools and also a racquet club.

3. The third area which bktayken refers to is called "Los Palacios", in case you see it on estate agents' details. The nightclub area there is one road, referred to locally as "Disco Alley", but it also has a square/park with a kiosk bar.

4. There's also a fourth area, known as Fincas de la Vega, an urb located between the outskirts of Los Palacios and San Fulgencio. We have a park with boules alleys and a tennis court, but have to walk 15 minutes to the village of Daya Vieja for bars, restaurants, bank, pharmacy, etc.

The larger towns of Rojales and Benijofar are less than 5 minutes from Formentera del Segura, but for a serious shopping 'fix' you'd probably want to go to the shopping malls of Haberneras in Torrevieja or La Zenia Boulevard in Orihuela Costa.

Good luck!
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion