Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Thinking of moving to Spain. Help and advice please?

Thinking of moving to Spain. Help and advice please?

Postby LHMurcia34 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:36 pm

Hi

My husband and I have thought about moving to Spain on a permanent basis and are looking for as much information as possible to help us make the correct decision ie Pros and Cons for living in Spain and whether it will impact on us financially. My husband has just turned 65 and I am 54.

We really appreciated any sound advice the members can give us.
LHMurcia34

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Re: Thinking of moving to Spain. Help and advice please?

Postby Carole19 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Wow we are thinking exactly the same thing and are the same ages as urselves, look forward to reading any replies you get , exciting times ahead for us all x
Carole19

Postby Scipio » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:57 pm

We've lived here now for close on 15 years.
Raised a family.
Fire away.
What do you want to know?
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby mondo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:24 am

Maybe your question is a bit too broad.. it covers millions of things.. it is like saying.. what is it like to live in the UK...?

How about focusing a bit, the main things you want to know...... such as .. what is it like to live in Quesada?--what should I bring?.... what do people regret bringing?... what is the health service like?.. how is the transport?.. how expensive is it to live..etc etc...

That way people can deal with subjects a bit at a time..

Good luck...
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby scubydoo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:30 am

LHMurcia34 wrote:Hi

My husband and I have thought about moving to Spain on a permanent basis and are looking for as much information as possible to help us make the correct decision ie Pros and Cons for living in Spain and whether it will impact on us financially. My husband has just turned 65 and I am 54.

If you use the search box top right hand side of the page you may find most of your questions have already been answered.
scubydoo

Postby Jan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:52 am

scubydoo wrote:

If you use the search box top right hand side of the page you may find most of your questions have already been answered.

Or go to related topics at the bottom of this page.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Wansbeck » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Well done to think of coming over here. We moved here in 1999 and NOTHING would persuade us to move back to the UK. If you can appreciate a different quality of life....different prices, different weather and different attitudes, then you will love it. We haven't been back to the UK for 6 years, family come over here for holidays and love it, but younger people would find work finding tricky perhaps. retiring here is just amazing. Lovely areas all around Quesada....San Luis, La Siesta, Rojales and most places that attract you would be perfect. Why not rent to start with and then buy your place in the area you love most.
You won't regret it.
Wansbeck

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrettas.Torrevieja

Postby scubydoo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:35 pm

:text-goodpost: :text-goodpost:
Wansbeck wrote:Well done to think of coming over here. We moved here in 1999 and NOTHING would persuade us to move back to the UK. If you can appreciate a different quality of life....different prices, different weather and different attitudes, then you will love it. We haven't been back to the UK for 6 years, family come over here for holidays and love it, but younger people would find work finding tricky perhaps. retiring here is just amazing. Lovely areas all around Quesada....San Luis, La Siesta, Rojales and most places that attract you would be perfect. Why not rent to start with and then buy your place in the area you love most.
You won't regret it.

:text-goodpost: :text-goodpost:
scubydoo

Postby walnut » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:27 am

My husband and I have thought about moving to Spain on a permanent basis and are looking for as much information as possible to help us make the correct decision ie Pros and Cons for living in Spain and whether it will impact on us financially. My husband has just turned 65 and I am 54.As some have written,it is a very broad question.You have asked about how it will impact on you financially!Nobody can answer that question unless you state that you need work or are in a " comfortable" position of having pensions etc.Which,if you have,then,if,your pensions in the UK are good enough for you now,then they should be good enough here in Spain!Obviously you have to take account of market fluctuations in currency value.
The language barrier may also be problematic.
The Spanish ethic of doing things whenever it suits them could also be a negative.
However, that said,if you are able to relax,not want things done yesterday and
not take on board "UK" mentality of "I want it done now"
Then,you should have no problems.
Rent first, put your toe in the water,then see.
I have been here nearly 20 years,i work for a living.
That is possibly different from your situation,that said, I wish you the best of luck.

walnut

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby manxmunk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:25 pm

I still live in the UK, and the one thing apart from it is cheaper to live, great weather etc, is that everyone I've met in Spain has said how much healthier they feel living there. Now that has got to be a big plus. 8-)
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Next