Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

MERCADONA

Re: MERCADONA

Postby Jan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:38 am

Please stay friendly. This is a discussion forum and as such we are entitled to discuss what we want. It isn't very nice or fair for anyone to tell anyone else to 'get a life' when we are only chatting light-heartedly. The unfriendly,thoughtless, comment has been removed.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Jan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:39 am

manxmunk wrote:Don't understand why your getting into a lather about it :lol:

:text-lol:
:text-lol:
Jan
Site Admin

Postby 20kiki » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:19 am

It's annoying when you're possibly on a tight budget that does not increase with inflation to then realise you can no longer afford little treats like shower gel and need to resort back to a bar of soap - also how do we know that these items ARE increasing in price due to inflation and not just pure greed by the Supermarket chains?
20kiki

Which part of Spain are you from?: Toretta Florida

Postby najizan123 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:30 am

Jan wrote:
golfpro wrote:These shops need to make a living God it's not exactly braking the bank. :text-lol: :text-lol: :text-lol:

When you can spend 100 a week and it goes up by 25% it isn't exactly peanuts! That's what's happening in the UK.

Really? Where? Can't say I've noticed my weekly shopping bill increase by 25%.
najizan123

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby manxmunk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:42 am

Why dont you use washing up liquid instead? A few years back, Channel 4 did a programme on how to save money and one of their tips was to use washing up liquid. Does the same job and is just as good for hair (I have been told) :( and if you use one of those scrunchie things it will last a lot longer than shower gel.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby emwood » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:14 am

If you have had a 25 to 45% increase in your pay/ pension then you have no problem
emwood

Postby Jan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:16 am

najizan123 wrote:
Jan wrote:
golfpro wrote:These shops need to make a living God it's not exactly braking the bank. :text-lol: :text-lol: :text-lol:

When you can spend 100 a week and it goes up by 25% it isn't exactly peanuts! That's what's happening in the UK.

Really? Where? Can't say I've noticed my weekly shopping bill increase by 25%.

Sainsburys in Uk in the last year has been putting up all their orices (London areas) Also Asda has been doing the same.
As I said it was only a matter of time as they had been keeping prices steady for a few years. In fact I haven't found Spain much cheaper for supermarket food in last couple of years either and I don't buy British brands. Alcoholic drink is obviously cheaper though in Spain..hurrah....hic Lol
Jan
Site Admin

Postby GLASSMAN » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:27 am

B&Ms good prices in uk, some items are £s cheaper for known brands,shop on local markets for fresh produce eg fruit n veg,i try and stay away from big supermarket chains,
Same in spain realy, nothing wrong with a bar of soap, for washing hair, in fact mercadonna do a good pure lavender soap,85cents,lathers up no probs good for keeping mozzies away etc.price increases should,nt worry people with inflation linked pensions ,its the people that just rely on the state pension ,but in spain & uk you can eat well for very little money,if you shop around.its the gas,water, electric add ons that are the rip off.
compare your property tax in uk with your property tax in spain now the uks a rip off for the services you get in return.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Quigley » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:37 am

All stores in any country want to increase their business profits. Higher profits may create new jobs. Pensions are "secured". Wages sometimes increase but not as swiftly as required. This happens regardless of personal opinions. Called CIRCLE OF LIFE.
Quigley

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby donaduo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:05 am

emwood wrote:Has anybody else noticed the NEW shower gel in MERCADONA gone are the previous 1 litre bottles for 99cents. NOW the NEW range ONLY 750 ml that's 25% LESS and the price is on average 1.45 euro. 45% INCREASE NOT BAD EH?

emwood, you said “NEW shower gel”, perhaps the pack size and price was introductory and the promotion has ended?

If little else has increased by as much I’d suggest that to be the answer.
donaduo

PreviousNext