Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

NIE, Car, Autonomo, Spanish classes in Quesada

NIE, Car, Autonomo, Spanish classes in Quesada

Postby benjharrison » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:20 pm

Hello,

My partner and I have just moved to Quesada (2 weeks ago) from the UK and are looking to make a new start here in Spain.

Having known people here who have been in Spain for over 10 years, we decided to leave the UK for a better overall quality of life. We are both under 40, have decided to start a business and so we would really like some help on things like setting up as Autonomo, getting our NIE numbers and how to change my UK car over.

I have visited the Advoco site which is excllenet but what I really need help with is, now I know a bit about how it works...what do I do from here? can anyone recommend someone who knows the processes that can help set it all up?

From previous posts I gather there should be some people around Quesada / Rojales that would be able to help out - is it a gestor(spelling) that we need to help with everything?

We don't really speak fluent Spanish so would be keen to find a class to attend for language learning if there is one that people can recommend.

Many thanks in advance,
Ben
benjharrison

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: NIE, Car, Autonomo, Spanish classes in Quesada

Postby Paulr » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:45 am

Hi benjharrison and welcome!

The first two things you need to do are 1) open a Spanish bank account and 2) get your NIEs (foreigner's ID number) - you can walk into a bank and open the account for yourself, but most banks will ask for your NIE (although I've heard others on this forum say they were able to open an account without one). There are loads of agents, gestors and solicitors who can help you get your NIE and it seems to me that the only difference is the price they charge - we obtained several quotes: £35 each from an independent agent to £150 each from a solicitor. Some people will suggest you can do this yourself at minimal cost, but we tried it when we first came here and without a good level of Spanish, the Extranjeros office in Torrevieja wouldn't entertain us :text-lol:

Regarding all the things you've asked about, the decisions you make will almost certainly be driven by the budget you have available. If you put each of these things individually into the search field, you will call back a myriad of advice on each one.

Best wishes,
Paulr
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Angela17 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:06 am

Following on from the last post we opened a non residents bank account really easily without a NIE number with Sabodell. You do need your national insurance number and proof of address but it was an easy process to do.
Angela17

Postby Vixen14 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:43 am

Hi Ben
I opened my Spanish account with sabadella on line whilst still living in England and also got an nie number from the Spanish consulate but you do not need an nie to open a bank account but you will need it to buy a car, change plates over, buy a house etc if you are going to rent you don't need it, but if you want to get residency you will. Also if you buy house you need to get your padron but solicitor should explain all that to you
Vixen14

Postby nannyabroad » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:23 pm

We use face 2 face in Benijofar, Alicia is very good for Spanish Lessons.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby benjharrison » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi, thanks very much for your responses.

I have been to Sabadell today and have an appointment to open an account tomorrow morning. All they require is passport, national insurance number and something with my address on (UK driving license is fine). They were very friendly and helpful which is great.

As for finding somewhere to help get an NIE I am still at a loss. Can anyone recommend a person to help with this? Or should we just go to a police station? We really don’t want to have to pay out for a solicitor to sort it out.

benjharrison

Postby Quesadasteve » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:57 pm

benjharrison wrote:Hi, thanks very much for your responses.

I have been to Sabadell today and have an appointment to open an account tomorrow morning. All they require is passport, national insurance number and something with my address on (UK driving license is fine). They were very friendly and helpful which is great.

As for finding somewhere to help get an NIE I am still at a loss. Can anyone recommend a person to help with this? Or should we just go to a police station? We really don’t want to have to pay out for a solicitor to sort it out.

Try one way services I. Quesada for your NIE ..€50 ....a lot of places want €100 or more ...they can also sort your recidency car plates etc etc ...I'm getting my NIE with them tommorow
Quesadasteve