Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Torreveija Half Marathon February 2018

Torreveija Half Marathon February 2018

Postby Sue Platts » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:20 pm

:DHi. I am trying to find information about the annual Torrevieja half marathon taking place in February 2018 and wondered if anyone on Talk Queseda has any details about the event and how to enlist for the marathon. Many thanks. Sue Platts
Sue Platts

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villa Martin

Re: Torreveija Half Marathon February 2018

Postby mikejames1927 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi Sue, I did it last year it is always the last Sunday in February the actual date and registration doesn't come out until around this time I'm expecting it in the next few days. Mediomaratontorrevieja.es though this is not up to date yet if you go on Facebook and look for the 2017 event that will update soon to the 2018 and there'll be an online registration link there that's what I'm waiting for. You register online and get your confirmation email and pick up your registration packet the day before at Habaneras torrevieja. I'm giving the half a miss this year and just doing the 10k. Hope that helps, it's a matter of keeping your eye out over the next week
mikejames1927

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Sue Platts » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:37 am

Thank you Mike. I will keep looking on the Mediomaratontorrevieja.es website for details about the registration pack. Our son wants to register for the half marathon so at least he can book his flight over now knowing that it will be held on the last Sunday of February 2018. You have been very helpful, thanks again. Sue
Sue Platts

Postby mikejames1927 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi Sue be careful, I say it's the last Sunday of February as that's what its alwsys been in my experience and people said on other forums. 2 years ago in November I was trying to find out so emailed torrevieja council and they said it was the penultimate Sunday instead, so I booked flights out to our apartment. Then a few weeks later the site came up with the date of the last Sunday! I missed the race. So although I'm pretty certain you know what its like the way things are done in Spain, hold on until the date is definite. One other thing when he picks up the registration pack at Habaneras he has to go to a large board which has all the names and race numbers on you need to find the number then go to the desk, they weren't interested in my email confirmation
mikejames1927

Postby Sue Platts » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks again Mike. I'll pass this information on to our son and watch out for when the date is released so he can book a flight. I rang Torrevieja Tourist Information office last week and they were also waiting for details to be announced. Best wishes. Sue
Sue Platts

Postby richfhill » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi, I am also looking for information about the half marathon, especially confirmation of the 2018 date. I'm likely to fly on the Saturday afternoon flight from East Mids. Do you know if it will be possible to pick up your number and timing chip on the day of the race? Whereabouts in Torrevieja does the race start from? Does it finish in the same location? Do you get a medal? Thanks
richfhill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Sue Platts » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:31 pm

Please see Mike James' response regarding this post above. The half marathon is held on the last Sunday in February. The registration pack has to be collected from Habaneras shopping mall in Toreveija. Presumably you have to register on line. Mike has given a web address above to find out full details.
Sue Platts

Postby mikejames1927 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:33 pm

Still no confirmation or updated website or Facebook event. I have emsoled the council but no response. Know what its like though so not panicking expect something first two weeks of January. In response to above, the race starts and finishes by the marina area in Torrevieja close to the pier. I picked my registration up in Habaneras on the Saturday afternoon/evening on my way from airport last year but I'm sure you can pick up on before the race in the runners village near the start. Watch out for the road closures that morning.
mikejames1927

Postby Steve1686 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:11 am

Hi I managed to contact the town hall doesn’t look like the run will be going ahead due to money.Im a little guttered done it for the last 7 years booked the flight to come over never mind if anyone gets any further information on races on that weekend could you please post on here.Thanks Steve
Steve1686

Postby NickD » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:52 am

Gutted to hear this, five of us booked flights back in October on the basis of when the race is usually run. Ah well, looks like a weekend in Guadamar and a leisurely 10k run on the Sunday morning.
NickD

Which part of Spain are you from?: England

Next