Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

guardamar lloyds halifax sabadell changeover

guardamar lloyds halifax sabadell changeover

Postby jake » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:26 pm

IF you had any accounts at guardamar, you may find that your
Account has been re positioned to
Torrevieja, and not to sabadell sol
On quesada. Check your iban and bic.
jake

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: guardamar lloyds halifax sabadell changeover

Postby Jan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Hello Jake,
Thank you I will check but I assume we can use the Sabadell bank in Quesada even if our main branch has changed to Torrevieja. There was a Sabadell near the Laguna Hotel and one in the high street in Quesada. Hopefully they are both still there.

Jan.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby panchotaff » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:22 pm

We had an account with Lloyds in Guardamar. Our account has been moved to Sabadell branch in Guardamar - on the main street.
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby jake » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:12 pm

We thought ours would be moved to guardamar, but subsequently found that it had been moved to torrevieja.
It should not be a problem because re directs are in place for standing orders and direct debits, but it is worth bearing in mind if you
normally bank at sabadell sol on quesada.
Regards.
jake

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Jan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:36 am

Guapa wrote:
jake wrote:We thought ours would be moved to guardamar, but subsequently found that it had been moved to torrevieja.
It should not be a problem because re directs are in place for standing orders and direct debits, but it is worth bearing in mind if you
normally bank at sabadell sol on quesada.
Regards.

Our friends, who had their branch in Guardamar, have had to travel to Torrevieja since Lloyds closed. His appt had been made for 12 & he rang his wife at 1:20pm to tell her he was STILL waiting to see someone!

We had our original Halifax branch in Torrevieja, because at the time the Guardamar branch hadn't opened. Within about a year the Halifax opened the branch in Guardamar and we never had to go to Torrevieja for anything again. Even when Halifax changed to Lloyds we continued to use Guardamar for all our banking needs and issues.

I can't understand why your friends, Guapa, went to the Torrevieja branch as there is a Sabadell in Quesada. No matter where our 'main' branch, surely we can use our nearest branch for any queries, as well as machine cash transactions - Unless Sabadell is different to other banks (??)....Hope not!
:?

Jan.
Jan
Site Admin

Postby marcliff » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:52 am

Our main Bankia branch is in Torrevieja. We use the one in Quesada for things like withdrawing money, paying money in and so on. However, when we tried to get our bank card sent, we had to go to the main branch to do it. Even cancelling a direct debit we were told we had to go to the main branch. In fact, apart from simple things like money in and out, it appears we have to go to the main branch to do anything else.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Jan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:07 am

marcliff wrote:Our main Bankia branch is in Torrevieja. We use the one in Quesada for things like withdrawing money, paying money in and so on. However, when we tried to get our bank card sent, we had to go to the main branch to do it. Even cancelling a direct debit we were told we had to go to the main branch. In fact, apart from simple things like money in and out, it appears we have to go to the main branch to do anything else.

That's interesting as Guardamar Lloyds/Halifax had no problem doing everything we wanted even though our main branch was in Torrevieja.

Be interesting too, to see if Direct Debits can be cancelled online with Sabadell, as we can and do with all our UK banks online systems. For some reason we couldn't do that with our Spanish Lloyds online banking. I do hope the technology is better with Sabadell.
:geek:

Jan
Jan
Site Admin

Postby Jan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:21 am

Guapa (Quote) He was informed that he must go to the branch detailed on info they sent him to discuss anything to do with his account, he was informed his details are now with the Torrevieja branch of Sabadell.

Taken from a post on another local forum

"I am non-resident ex-member of Lloyds bank now forced into Sabadell......

I came out to Spain this week and went to Sabadell La Zenia this morning. After waiting an hour - their numbers for waiting are unbelievable - the signs not working and the girls coming out and seeming to take the person nearest them. Many people had left and I don't blame them but it did shorten my wait. Finally after scanning my passport, she stated she couldn't help as my branch is in Torrevieja, apparently we opened the account there - many moons ago when it was Halifax. So she couldn't help me and couldn't/wouldn't answer any questions. She said Lloyds allowed Torre clients use of the Zenia bank but Sabadell didn't!!!"

You could not make this mess up, could you? :doh:[/quote]

No you couldn't and it's very worrying! When we first came to Spain, although there are loads of things we love about the country, the thing I always said was 'if there's a difficult way to do something, then the Spanish authorities will find it!' ...and it seems with all the new technology they are still the same.
There is nothing in theory that stops all branches of Sabadell being able to deal with any customer who comes into a branch. The details are all computerised.
I'm not doubting all that is said above but I will test this for myself and see what happens. I actually wonder if it's the bank staff or their managers not wanting to do anymore than they need to. I have a very helpful Sabadell contact on Twitter and will ask him if this is company policy.
Sorry but this type of unnecessary 'bad' service really annoys me!
:angry-soapbox:

:angry-screaming:
Jan
Site Admin