Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Traditional Spanish restaurant

Re: Traditional Spanish restaurant

Postby Drama Queen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:12 pm

La Herradura (next to the REPSOL garage) in Los Montesinos is excellent - and the evening music and flamenco shows are wonderful. Menu del dia is 12 euros, including one drink,and in the evening expect to pay around 25 euros a head including drinks. Lovely people, lots of atmosphere and tasty food. You have to book at weekends.
Drama Queen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Near the golf course

Postby phild » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:50 pm

one of the best we have found is Bar El Resspiro, Calle San Pedro Rojales. Defo need to book though. Very spanish, but the son speak english.
phild

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby maria elena » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:34 pm

:text-thankyouyellow:
Busters Mum wrote:The Old Don Carlos is not an Irish pub. It’s Spanish owned and run and does Spanish food. It’s been there for over 20 years.
They also own The Little Don Carlos, behind the Hotel Laguna.

Thank you Busters Mum. Yes I HAVE eaten there and as you say, it’s authentically Spanish. I was trying to be helpful in my original post.
maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Juanita » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:46 pm

Jaen in the main Street in Guardamar also worth a try.
Juanita

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Espanabums » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Maria Elena, Busters Mum and Brandyboy, I was not saying that it is not Spanish nor that it does not serve good Spanish food. The OP wanted recommendations for a traditional Spanish restaurant. No way in the world is this a traditional Spanish restaurant, it is an Irish Tavern, it says so over the door, that serves food.
There is also a very good Irish pub in Torrevieja that serves very good Spanish food, La Bodeguilla des Mullins, but it is not a traditional Spanish restaurant. Can you not see the difference?

I am not knocking any of the Don Carlos´, I´m just saying, IMHO, that it is not a traditional Spanish restaurant.
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby Lisaofspurs » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:12 pm

One of the best restaurants in quesada ???
You can't get out much.
Lisaofspurs

Postby Jan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:31 pm

Lisaofspurs wrote:One of the best restaurants in quesada ???
You can't get out much.

There are lots of restaurants mentioned on this topic and everyone is entitled to their own opinion of what they consider the 'best', without being told they don't get out much. :naughty:

It's a good job we don't all like the same restaurants, otherwise those ones would get much too busy!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Loulou » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:46 pm

I cannot believe that by myself asking a simple question for a restaurant recommendation can turn into conflict, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this forum is supposed to be for people to help each other not to start a war

How about we all try and respect each other’s opinions and offer advise only if it is of any relevance to what has been asked
Loulou

Postby polop » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:48 pm

:text-goodpost:
Loulou wrote:I cannot believe that by myself asking a simple question for a restaurant recommendation can turn into conflict, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this forum is supposed to be for people to help each other not to start a war

How about we all try and respect each other’s opinions and offer advise only if it is of any relevance to what has been asked
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby Jan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:52 pm

Loulou wrote:I cannot believe that by myself asking a simple question for a restaurant recommendation can turn into conflict, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this forum is supposed to be for people to help each other not to start a war

:text-goodpost:
:text-thankyouyellow:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

PreviousNext