Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Cats

Re: Cats

Postby Dinkelharper » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:52 pm

Walk with hard determined steps toward the cats a couple of times and basically humanely scare them they will not come back. Though I am sorry you feel that way for another life. Cats have the same right to walk this earth as you do.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby Quesadasteve » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:59 pm

A few property's round by me have about 6 large 8 litre water bottles filled with water outside there houses along the boundary walls....presumably to deter cats ? Does this actually work.

Also the bottles look quite unsightly......would prefer to see cats personally ....but then I have a large dog so don't have the cat poo problem here
Quesadasteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:22 am

Quesadasteve wrote:A few property's round by me have about 6 large 8 litre water bottles filled with water outside there houses along the boundary walls....presumably to deter cats ? Does this actually work.

Also the bottles look quite unsightly......would prefer to see cats personally ....but then I have a large dog so don't have the cat poo problem here

No they don't. Apparently the cat or dog is supposed to see its reflection and get either frightened away or think another cat/dog lives there. I've seen dogs pee on them so it definitely doesn't work.
Even my cat screechers (electronic gadgets which detect movement and send out a sound only animals can hear) don't seem to work.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Scipio » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:32 am

Tile over your patio/garden/terrace.
Get rid of plants in pots and replace them with ornaments or artificial plants. Even water features are fine.
Don't give them anything to dig into.
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:47 am

elchedave wrote:Glassman, the original post was regarding cats in Quesada which comes under Rojales, not Torrevieja & I do believe I have an read articles in the press where Torrevieja council are taking a hard(er) stance on feeding feral/stray cats.
There has also been a cull in some municipalities as the feral cat situation is becoming out of hand.
Regards,
Dave.

I know I,m in Rojales myself ,
was just stating that you can get a licence in Torre, and the law about feeding on public land and your own private property applies to Quesada and Rojales aswell. ,dog crap and barking dogs,what can be done about that, cat crap also screaming feral & missed behaved kids running wild...................live and let live,or prosecute the owners.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:52 pm

A WATER PISTOL IS SUFFIECENT!
or if you cant afford a water pistol, a empty squeezy bottle filled with water,
GLASSMAN

Postby cass » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:45 pm

I have got two of these and it works a treat for my property
https://www.amazon.es/Repelente-Culture ... +deterrent
cass

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya Vieja

Postby marcliff » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:00 pm

cass wrote:I have got two of these and it works a treat for my property

So have I. I found a cat sleeping under one once.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:54 am

marcliff wrote:

ha! ha!
GLASSMAN

Postby Shiva » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:50 pm

marcliff wrote:

:text-lol:

These can work sometimes... depends on the cat and you make sure that you keep the batteries charged etc. We have two of them in our garden in the Uk , they drain batteries quickly.. So they work sporadically. We have our own cats ... but they are house cats and we don't let them outside ( so noone can complain about them !!!) However the next door neighbour's cat has therefore decided to treat our garden as his territory and that wouldn't bother us BUT it really bothers our cats . He sits outside in the garden basically saying 'yah boo, you can't get me' or other cat swear words at them and they go mental when they see him. He's lucky really as they are big Bengals and would tear him to shreds if they could get their paws on him. But anyway it is a constant battle to keep him away and these sonic repellers have been the best bet so far. There is another thing you can get which is a motion detector water spray - but you have to hook it up to your garden hose. Basically cat walks past and gets soaked. But you have to have the hose out there all the time. But do it every now and again and they might decide to avoid your property.
Shiva

PreviousNext