Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Sunday shopping law change?

Re: Sunday shopping law change?

Postby alybags1954 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:41 am

We should be used to sunday shopping laws it was the same in the UK in days gone by, im not a religious person but that was the reason for no shopping. The biggest stores in the UK fought for sunday openening in the early 80s. don't quote me it might have been early as 70s.
alybags1954

Which part of Spain are you from?: rojales

Postby marcliff » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:46 am

alybags1954 wrote:We should be used to sunday shopping laws it was the same in the UK in days gone by, im not a religious person but that was the reason for no shopping. The biggest stores in the UK fought for sunday openening in the early 80s. don't quote me it might have been early as 70s.

Actually 1994 before big shops were allowed to open on Sundays in UK. Even now they are restricted to 6 hours.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:23 am

marcliff wrote:
GLASSMAN wrote:surely folks can manage without shopping for one day! most shops are open till 10pm anyway.supermarkets deliver ,they too the workers deserve some time off,

And what about the people who rely on working on a Sunday? Young mothers who can only work at the weekend and students who need the money now have this taken away from them. It isn't just about we retirees who can go shopping at any time of the day during the week. This is a backward step and can only lead to hardship for many people.
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Roach » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:46 pm

Lavender wrote:
marcliff wrote:
GLASSMAN wrote:surely folks can manage without shopping for one day! most shops are open till 10pm anyway.supermarkets deliver ,they too the workers deserve some time off,

And what about the people who rely on working on a Sunday? Young mothers who can only work at the weekend and students who need the money now have this taken away from them. It isn't just about we retirees who can go shopping at any time of the day during the week. This is a backward step and can only lead to hardship for many people.

:text-goodpost:

It's a stupid law that only serves to damage the economy further
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby cavacava » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:09 pm

I was shock to hear that torrevieja lost the freedom to trade every Sunday. I'm a big fan of shopping sundays has only time I have free to shop!!
Why o why do spanish law i insist this is step forward when there economy stil bad and employment still high .why do they not allow weekend workers so keep our stores open very bad move does anybody agree with this new law?. Freedom of trade should be down to the traders not the government.
cavacava

Which part of Spain are you from?: torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:40 pm

It's not Spanish law, it's Valencian law. You can go down to Murcia (and that starts just after Torrevieja) and the shops will be open on a Sunday. Dos Mares shopping centre is open on Sundays.
And it only applies to large stores. Smaller ones can still open on Sundays and, let's be fair, apart from the big shopping centres and supermarkets, none of the others opened on Sundays anyway.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Lavender » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Have you any idea how much this has hit the part time workers who relied on employment? Yes, we shoppers can manage without shopping for one day, but the young mothers and students who needed the money are finding it so hard now. It isn't only about not being able to go and buy things on a Sunday. It's absolutely ridiculous and a backward step.
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous