Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Is Carrefour Torrevieja open today?

Re: Is Carrefour Torrevieja open today?

Postby brandyboy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:31 pm

No, funny. :D
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paulr » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:24 pm

The "new" regulations (actually, existing regulations for many years, which the Valenian Government has chosen to vary) apply to large stores and are now being enforced for 40 Sundays of the year, including Fiestas that also fall on Sundays - but because the large stores in this region have been opening every Sunday this year, they have some "catching up" to do, hence they won't be open again on Sundays until June. Nothing "stupid" (arguably) about it, just the National government enforcing laws that the regional Valencian government has chosen to ignore.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby marcliff » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Paulr wrote:The "new" regulations (actually, existing regulations for many years, which the Valenian Government has chosen to vary) apply to large stores and are now being enforced for 40 Sundays of the year, including Fiestas that also fall on Sundays - but because the large stores in this region have been opening every Sunday this year, they have some "catching up" to do, hence they won't be open again on Sundays until June. Nothing "stupid" (arguably) about it, just the National government enforcing laws that the regional Valencian government has chosen to ignore.

Sorry, disagree. It is the Valencian parliament that has done this, not the national government.
The shops in Murcia are still open Sundays (hence Dos Mares) all year round and so are the ones in Madrid as we used the El Cortes Ingles there near the Sol area.
Torrevieja and Orihuela Costa were classed as tourist areas and hence allowed to open on Sundays and public holidays and there was a big fanfare when this was allowed just a few years ago.
If you look at the press reports, it is the Valencian government (autonomous from Madrid in this instance) which has changed the permitted opening hours.
El Cortes Ingles Madrid

OPENING CALENDARS

• [b]From Monday to Saturday 10:00 to 22:00[/b]
  • [b]Sundays 11:00 to 21:00[/b]

HOLIDAYS AND DAYS WITH SPECIAL OPENING TIMES CENTRE

• Closed on 01 de May
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Dinkelharper » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:55 am

Do you guys really find it that horrible that a store is closed on a Sunday? Personally I find it quite nice to have a day to just relax and do nothing...what sundays used to be all over the world. All it takes is a little planning and get needed groceries the day before. It is not the end of the world ;)
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby polop » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:39 am

Dinkelharper wrote:Do you guys really find it that horrible that a store is closed on a Sunday? Personally I find it quite nice to have a day to just relax and do nothing...what sundays used to be all over the world. All it takes is a little planning and get needed groceries the day before. It is not the end of the world ;)

:text-goodpost:
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby Roach » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:22 am

Dinkelharper wrote:Do you guys really find it that horrible that a store is closed on a Sunday? Personally I find it quite nice to have a day to just relax and do nothing...what sundays used to be all over the world. All it takes is a little planning and get needed groceries the day before. It is not the end of the world ;)

I agree with what your saying but it's just the principle of having something and then having it taken away for no logical beneficial reason. Not everyone is able to shop during the week. Some people work 6 days a week and use Sundays as their 'shop' day. Others need the extra money afforded to them by working extra hours on Sundays which has now been taken away (for the most part).

Personally i don't understand how they, in a right mind, can enforce this law which will only serve to limit the amount of money flowing into a already struggling economy. And seeing as Sunday is the first day of the week one would expect shops to be open but that's my opinion.
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby Reginaldo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 am

if a day is just for relaxing and doing nothing....

...you need to get a life before it is wasted completely...
Reginaldo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

Postby brandyboy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:02 pm

:text-goodpost:

It´s nice to have one tranquil day in a week.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Dinkelharper » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:24 pm

Reginaldo wrote:if a day is just for relaxing and doing nothing....

...you need to get a life before it is wasted completely...

Ok, insinuating that I have no life because I use Sundays for relaxing and doing nothing is just insane. I enjoy relaxing after a busy week. What's better then relaxing in sunny Spain? I work full time rest of the week and I manage to go to the store any day of the week. Most stores are open from 9 am to 10 pm 6 days a week. I am sure most people don't work 13 hours a day, 6 days in a row. A little planning and stop by the store for 20-30 minutes every 3-4 days gives you a whole day on Sunday to wake up late, have breakfast and then spend quality time with your family for the rest of the day.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby suzi wong » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Everyone is different fortunately or everywhere would either be very busy or very quiet, but it does seem strange to close stores on probably one of their their busiest days,even more so when about 50% of youths are unemployed in Spain & thats probably one of the days most of them work.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

PreviousNext