Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New smoking club Quesada

Re: New smoking club Quesada

Postby Roach » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:37 am

AnnetteD wrote:https://www.facebook.com/The-Green-Lounge-371330100002214/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Hopefully this link works.

Many thanks
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby Topacio18 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:24 pm

This looks like a great new place. Have been meaning to try and find some for my arthritis as my knees are in bad shape.

As the world is changing it seems more and more countries are adopting a proactive and knowledgeable approach to cannabis in general. I can't see this establishment causing any harm, and if anything, it's a damn better sight than seeing another pub/bar open. I've seen plenty of people damage themselves (both physically and mentally) through drinking, but I'm yet to see anything relating to problems caused by cannabis.

If this means this establishment is taking money from the crooks who will sell this stuff illegally, and it is being taxed properly and put back into the community, then I believe it is a win win!
Topacio18

Which part of Spain are you from?: Urb Benimar

Postby brandyboy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:03 pm

Topacio18 wrote:This looks like a great new place. Have been meaning to try and find some for my arthritis as my knees are in bad shape.

As the world is changing it seems more and more countries are adopting a proactive and knowledgeable approach to cannabis in general. I can't see this establishment causing any harm, and if anything, it's a damn better sight than seeing another pub/bar open. I've seen plenty of people damage themselves (both physically and mentally) through drinking, but I'm yet to see anything relating to problems caused by cannabis.

If this means this establishment is taking money from the crooks who will sell this stuff illegally, and it is being taxed properly and put back into the community, then I believe it is a win win!

Cannabis and drink are as bad as each other.
Effects of short-term use of Cannabis
Impaired short-term memory, making it difficult to learn and to retain information
Impaired motor coordination, interfering with driving skills and increasing the risk of injuries
Altered judgment, increasing the risk of sexual behaviors that facilitate the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases
In high doses, paranoia and psychosis
Effects of long-term or heavy use of Cannabis
Addiction (in about 9% of users overall, 17% of those who begin use in adolescence, and 25 to 50% of those who are daily users)*
Altered brain development*
Poor educational outcome, with increased likelihood of dropping out of school*
Cognitive impairment, with lower IQ among those who were frequent users during adolescence*
Diminished life satisfaction and achievement (determined on the basis of subjective and objective measures as compared with such ratings in the general population)*
Symptoms of chronic bronchitis
Increased risk of chronic psychosis disorders (including schizophrenia) in persons with a predisposition to such disorders

*The effect is strongly associated with initial marijuana use early in adolescence.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby TerryG » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:01 pm

I can`t believe Topacio18 posted that..... :roll:
TerryG

Postby Topacio18 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Thanks for the reply BrandyBoy. Looks like you've had a classic case of google-search-itus. I tend to base my opinions on real life scenarios and experiences. I had a pain in my ankle a few weeks ago and Google told me it was Cancer, and that I may have to have my foot amputated. Luckily it was just a sprain and nothing to worry about.

I have known people to have used cannabis for over 40 years, (and the much stronger versions for the last 15), and they are all in good health and as happy as ever. I have also known people that have consumed alcohol on a similar scale, and they have gone on to have liver disease, loss of hair, loss of jobs etc.

I respect that there are both sides to the story, and believe that cannabis is bad for those who already have existing mental health issues, but in the grand scheme of things cannabis is no where near as dangerous as alcohol. The only reason alcohol is legal (in the UK) is because it is taxed. Look what the US are doing with cannabis in terms of raking in billions of dollars through tax, they have successfully invested in schools and places in the community.

Alcohol
  • In the UK, in 2015 there were 8,758 alcohol-related deaths (around 14 per 100,000 people). The mortality rates are highest among people aged 55-64.
  • In England, there are an estimated 595,131 dependent drinkers, of whom only 108,696 are currently accessing treatment.
  • Alcohol misuse is the biggest risk factor for death, ill-health and disability among 15-49 year-olds in the UK, and the fifth biggest risk factor across all ages.
  • Alcohol harms are estimated to cost the NHS around £3.5 billion annually.
Source: https://www.alcoholconcern.org.uk/alcohol-statistics

Cannabis
“A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response,” wrote Judge Francis Young.

Fatally overdosing on marijuana in its most commonly ingested forms is seemingly impossible. In 1988, a DEA judge argued in favor of rescheduling marijuana in part because of its low harm profile. In his ruling, he wrote that a user would have to ingest somewhere between 20,000 to 40,000 times the amount of THC contained in a single joint to approach lethal toxicity.

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... e9848d6297
Topacio18

Postby Topacio18 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:13 pm

TerryG wrote:I can`t believe Topacio18 posted that..... :roll:

Why Terry, what seems to be the problem?
Topacio18

Postby TerryG » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Topacio18 wrote:

okres

Big difference in pointing out the health benefits of smoking cannabis and promoting a private cannabis smokers club on a public forum.

It`s still illegal in some parts of Spain. :roll:
TerryG

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:48 pm

i wonder why the police prosecute people driving under the influence of smoking cannabis ,probarly for the same reason as drink driving ,it wrecks lifes and causes accidents,loss ,loss situation! :(
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Topacio18 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:04 pm

TerryG wrote:
Topacio18 wrote:

okres

Big difference in pointing out the health benefits of smoking cannabis and promoting a private cannabis smokers club on a public forum.

It`s still illegal in some parts of Spain. :roll:

In no way am I promoting a private cannabis club!! I'm a 65 year old woman, in what way would I ever benefit from promoting a place I have never even been to! :D
Topacio18

Postby TerryG » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:30 pm

Well it looks like you`ll be paying a visit soon then. :D My sister-in law suffers from MS and finds it very beneficial.

I`m a musician and used to play in rock bands in the 60s and 70s. I also found it very beneficial. ;)
TerryG

PreviousNext