Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New smoking club Quesada

Re: New smoking club Quesada

Postby brandyboy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:44 pm

Topacio18 wrote:
TerryG wrote:[quote="Topacio18")

Big difference in pointing out the health benefits of smoking cannabis and promoting a private cannabis smokers club on a public forum.

In no way am I promoting a private cannabis club!! I'm a 65 year old woman, in what way would I ever benefit from promoting a place I have never even been to! :D

Topacio.
Not from Google.This week in Mallorca a woman motorist, under the influence of Cannabis, ploughed into a group of cyclists killing one and injuring another eight. The account from Murcia Today, goes on to say that these misdemeanours are all too common in Spain, despite government proposals to stiffen penalties.
It seems that smokey heads have something in common with drunks, they are all in denial.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby brandyboy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Topacio18 wrote:Thanks for the reply BrandyBoy. Looks like you've had a classic case of google-search-itus. I tend to base my opinions on real life scenarios and experiences. I had a pain in my ankle a few weeks ago and Google told me it was Cancer, and that I may have to have my foot amputated. Luckily it was just a sprain and nothing to worry about.

I have known people to have used cannabis for over 40 years, (and the much stronger versions for the last 15), and they are all in good health and as happy as ever. I have also known people that have consumed alcohol on a similar scale, and they have gone on to have liver disease, loss of hair, loss of jobs etc.

I respect that there are both sides to the story, and believe that cannabis is bad for those who already have existing mental health issues, but in the grand scheme of things cannabis is no where near as dangerous as alcohol. The only reason alcohol is legal (in the UK) is because it is taxed. Look what the US are doing with cannabis in terms of raking in billions of dollars through tax, they have successfully invested in schools and places in the community.

Alcohol
  • In the UK, in 2015 there were 8,758 alcohol-related deaths (around 14 per 100,000 people). The mortality rates are highest among people aged 55-64.
  • In England, there are an estimated 595,131 dependent drinkers, of whom only 108,696 are currently accessing treatment.
  • Alcohol misuse is the biggest risk factor for death, ill-health and disability among 15-49 year-olds in the UK, and the fifth biggest risk factor across all ages.
  • Alcohol harms are estimated to cost the NHS around £3.5 billion annually.
Source: https://www.alcoholconcern.org.uk/alcohol-statistics

Cannabis
“A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response,” wrote Judge Francis Young.

Fatally overdosing on marijuana in its most commonly ingested forms is seemingly impossible. In 1988, a DEA judge argued in favor of rescheduling marijuana in part because of its low harm profile. In his ruling, he wrote that a user would have to ingest somewhere between 20,000 to 40,000 times the amount of THC contained in a single joint to approach lethal toxicity.

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... e9848d6297

Seems your Google finger works extremely well too.:D
I too have a brother and a brother-in-law, now well into their sixties and both smoking all sorts of weed since their late teens, early twenties.
They both have one thing in common, they are literally numbskulls who have great difficulty seeing the logic in anything, two people, both University graduates, whose life has been messed up through heavy use of that crap. Anyone who thinks heavy Cannabis use is not harmful is flying in the face of much medical evidence to the contrary.
So, you see, you are not alone in making judgements based on real life experience.
brandyboy

Postby Uncle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:07 pm

This topic is getting a bit boring now think it's time Jan closed it.
Uncle

Postby brandyboy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:03 pm

What are you, a policeman? :roll:
brandyboy

Postby scubydoo » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Some people are not as bright as they think they are! the luddites thought they were right. :text-lol:

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/ ... a-medicine
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Previous