Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Very,very small insects that do not fly

Very,very small insects that do not fly

Postby kjellv » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:19 pm

hi

I have these "Very, very small insects that do not fly" in my bathroom. I do not know how they come in as windows are closed and it's second floor and I do not see them "walk up the stairs".

Could be they come from the joint between the wall and the floor, but I cannot see any cracks any where.

Question is: Is it a trap of some kind you can recommend that I can place in the room, if so, which and where to buy?

thanks

kv
kjellv

Which part of Spain are you from?: Done Pepa, Quesada

Re: Very,very small insects that do not fly

Postby Jan » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:47 pm

kjellv wrote:hi

I have these "Very, very small insects that do not fly" in my bathroom. I do not know how they come in as windows are closed and it's second floor and I do not see them "walk up the stairs".

Could be they come from the joint between the wall and the floor, but I cannot see any cracks any where.

Question is: Is it a trap of some kind you can recommend that I can place in the room, if so, which and where to buy?

thanks

kv

I believe they are minute tiny ants. Most of us get them occasionally. You can use ant traps or ant powder. I have put sprinkles of ant powder behind the bidet and sink and gradually they disappear. We have every vent and window covered with insect netting but these little tiny ones do seem to still get in. Sometimes we never have them and occasionally they start again.
When we first moved in to our new build they seemed to come out of the wood surrounding the doors. We thought they were attracted to the glue used to stick the architraving.
I don't worry about them much now but use ant powder in the nooks and crannies of the kitchen and bathrooms when I think they have moved in again.

Ps Any Ferreteria orvsupermarket will have the little traps /sprays and ant powder.

Ant powder also kills cockroaches and other nuisance crawling insects... so all in one lol
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby jpeg » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Could be young cochroaches get a tin of ZUM from Carrefour and give the bathroom a good spray
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Southpaw » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:06 pm

If you have any pets, get an Electric Plug In, that way you don't risk poisening them. Ant powder is deadly to dogs and cats if they happen to sniff it up!
Southpaw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby kjellv » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:45 pm

thanks to all

kv
kjellv

Which part of Spain are you from?: Done Pepa, Quesada