Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Fiber optics

Fiber optics

Postby nottsman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:45 am

Just had a phone call from a company called Ahimas Europa Network SL
Saying
""As the Spanish government has ruled that the current ADSL internet service is to be switched off in Spain by 2020 due to poor performance, all existing broadband users will have to switch to a Fibre Optic connection sooner or later"

Anyone heard of the company ???

50mbs Fibre Optic Broadband (Unlimited Downloads) - 25.00€+IVA per month

Fibre Optic landline – 14.95€+IVA per month.
As I live near the County Club in Quesada ,I was told we would be one of the last places to have fibre fitted ,due to the infrastructure.
Nottsman
nottsman

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Fiber optics

Postby Nigel Taylor » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:33 am

Europa are currently trying to sell fibre connections. They called me last week. I am a past customer of this company when I used the mobile phone service. I can say that the phone service was poor and expensive. Getting my numbers transferred to another provider was a nightmare. After that experience I would not recommend anyone to buy anything from that company. In any event I expect that the 'fibre' service they offer is not their own. The phone service was piggybacked from Masmovil.
Nigel Taylor

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada