Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Ryanair

Re: Ryanair

Postby sawasdee » Sat May 05, 2018 7:45 am

If using Ryanair, it might be worth creating a Ryanair account and then downloading their Ryanair app to your smartphone.
You can then access your boarding passes via the app and they come up nice and clear full screen on your smartphone via the app and work a treat at check in and the various other gates/readers at the airport. Last week I flew ALC to MAN and when I got to the check in I found I'd mislaid the ALC to MAN half of my boarding passes so had to come up with a quick Plan B and the Ryanair app worked a treat.
Definitely agree with Kenbo though, take a paper copy as backup if you can, just in case you lose your phone, or find it's flat or can't get wifi etc etc.
sawasdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Jan » Sat May 05, 2018 7:55 am

I always take a copy on phone and paper but I know most youngsters only use the boarding pass on their phones.

I suppose if the phone was ever lost or out of battery they would have to go to the check-in desk & show passport. All passport details are on the booking for a flight and the desk staff would print out a boarding pass the old fashioned way.

I still prefer not to take that chance but it is no doubt an age thing lol
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby sawasdee » Sat May 05, 2018 8:22 am

You're right, a passport is usually sufficient to check in with most airlines, however, when I couldn't find my MAN to ALC printed boarding card at Ryanair check in, the check in agent wouldn't check me in/take my bag without seeing my boarding card despite handing over my passport, giving her my outbound MAN to ALC boarding pass (so she had the flight booking reference) and telling her I was travelling to MAN.
sawasdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby 1foot4ward » Sat May 05, 2018 9:20 am

APP works well! More chance of losing paper boarding pass than your phone I’d think, plus if you’re the sort of person that likes to double up on 2 sets of boarding passes I’d find it extremely doubtful that you ever let your phone run out of battery....
1foot4ward

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Ireneinveraray » Sat May 05, 2018 11:33 am

After downloading your boarding pass through the Ryanair app, I save it in the “wallet” on my iPhone. That way you can access it without internet connection.
Ireneinveraray

Postby Shiva » Sat May 05, 2018 11:42 am

1foot4ward wrote:APP works well! More chance of losing paper boarding pass than your phone I’d think, plus if you’re the sort of person that likes to double up on 2 sets of boarding passes I’d find it extremely doubtful that you ever let your phone run out of battery....
:text-lol: You'd be surprised!!! :text-lol:
Shiva

Postby marcliff » Sat May 05, 2018 12:33 pm

Jan wrote:I always take a copy on phone and paper but I know most youngsters only use the boarding pass on their phones.

I suppose if the phone was ever lost or out of battery they would have to go to the check-in desk & show passport. All passport details are on the booking for a flight and the desk staff would print out a boarding pass the old fashioned way.

I still prefer not to take that chance but it is no doubt an age thing lol

For which Ryanair will charge you £20/€20 to do. Unless you have booked flexi-plus then they don't charge.
And I also have both, download and printed (just in case).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Lolly18 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:41 pm

We always use the online app - my husband and daughter always have a copy stored on their iphones and I have everyone’s copy on my iPhone in the wallet. We also travelled across America using the apps with no problems.
If you are ever low on charge, there is always somewhere to charge your phone. We also use Jet2 to Alicante too x
Lolly18

Postby Dot » Sat May 05, 2018 1:43 pm

La laguna hotel has a printer.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Rodt » Sat May 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Be warned my iPhone 6 packed up this morning with no warning, whoops, I'm a poet & don't know it :text-lol:
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Previous