Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

La marquesa

La marquesa

Postby Luckylouise » Sat May 05, 2018 7:26 pm

Thinking of buying in La Marquesa overlooking golf course, what is this resort like?
Does it get busy in summer? Is there a lot of groups ie hen stags or is it more villa owners?
Luckylouise

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marquesa

Re: La marquesa

Postby Shiva » Sat May 05, 2018 9:38 pm

TBH, I would not describe the area around La Marquesa as a 'resort.' It is a residential area with a mix of permanent and holiday home owners. Whether this is a good, or a bad, thing from your perspective depends on what you are looking for. You really need to visit the place to get a feel for it. The golf course itself is ok, getting better, as they are clearly investing in it , but it still is really closer to ( in type and quality of course ) your 'local municipal' course than anything else...Which does not mean it is cheap to play, there is a big demand from local residents for it, which keeps fees high. ( OK so I am used to the supercheap golf one can enjoy in Scotland, where one trips over a golf course every couple of miles, so I am likely to be extra critical of the courses and prices of those courses in Spain. Playing Golf in Spain is expensive by comparison. I still do it though.(!) ) Yes it is busier in summer than in the winter but as a residential area it is still busy enough in the winter. It is a year-round place to live. If you are talking about it as a 'resort' I can't help thinking you haven't yet been here and really need to visit it to see if this is what you are looking for...
Shiva

Postby Audbro » Sat May 05, 2018 10:36 pm

Residential area, with visitors and permenant residents. Some nice views and busy golf course. Some nice restaurants and small supermarket. I love the area and visit through the year.
Audbro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby TonTri » Sat May 05, 2018 11:03 pm

We have an apartment above the golf course where we spend the winter but I dont think you will find La Marquesa suited to Hens and Stags or the younger partying set at any time of year. They tend to go for the larger resorts with all inclusive hotels. It is a pretty busy area during the winter months and I can imagine it gets busier in the summer with tourists, but as the accommodation on offer are private rentals, apart from the Costa Blanca Resort hotel, the majority of visitors I suspect are older couples or families with children.

I am probably biased but in my opinion it is one of the nicest parts of Quesada with plenty of facilities and easy to access Rojales, the centre of Quesada and the surrounding countryside and beaches. Try renting a place there for a week or two in both winter and summer and see if it suits you.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Justjan » Sun May 06, 2018 9:31 am

Deffinatly villa owners and never seen a hen or stage party here. Great internation mix of people and restaurants. Quesada is an all year round resort, lots going on , golf, bowls, tennis, gyms,boules, dancing , swimming, live music. Good shopping centre , choice of supermarkets, in fact, Its all things to all people.
In my opinion a respectable , quiet area to live in..
Justjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada