Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

ALDI

Re: ALDI

Postby Sylwina » Sat May 12, 2018 5:35 pm

I shalln't mourn its demise. Most depressing and charmless Aldi I've ever set foot in. Walked out a couple of times leaving purchases at the unattended till as the sole member of staff, charged with doing everything, too busy doing other stuff to serve customers. The new one looks just the job.
Sylwina

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby scubydoo » Sat May 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Sylwina wrote:I shalln't mourn its demise. Most depressing and charmless Aldi I've ever set foot in. Walked out a couple of times leaving purchases at the unattended till as the sole member of staff, charged with doing everything, too busy doing other stuff to serve customers. The new one looks just the job.

The new one will be great another asset to the area. :D :D :D :D
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby 2Sheds » Sat May 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Interesting that Aldi in Spain seems to operate a very different business model compared to Aldi UK.
Even the branding and product range is quite different.

Aldi Uk seems to be much more competitive and as such is very similar to Lidl.

I can only base my observation on the Benimar Aldi. Maybe the larger ones are different?
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby camionpilot » Sat May 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Aldi Europe is divided into north and south after the 2 brothers who founded the company fell out over tobacco sales , similar ranges but the uk side is run by the nth whilst spain is run by the sth group .
The stores I use in the uk seem to have a huge pile it high range whilst in spain they all seem lifeless characterless stores , whith a limited selection of items ..
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby omarell » Sun May 13, 2018 10:35 am

The new Consum down Lemon Tree Rd will be open September/October. The one at Lo Marabu will be continuing and getting refurbished
omarell

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby marcliff » Sun May 13, 2018 10:43 am

omarell wrote:The new Consum down Lemon Tree Rd will be open September/October. The one at Lo Marabu will be continuing and getting refurbished

Current one already being refurbished. New fridges, new layouts, new shelving being put up.
Bit difficult to find anything at the moment.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Previous