Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Holiday Lets and Community Fee's

Re: Holiday Lets and Community Fee's

Postby TonTri » Sat May 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Actually, assuming they have a Tourist Rental Licence, you could contact the Tourist Board as it is a condition of the licence to have a noise policy in place to prevent excessive noise. Perhaps they could ask to see the owner's noise policy. Just a thought.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby partygoer » Sat May 19, 2018 11:36 pm

No one has yet mentioned the tax payable on property rental. If they don't have a licence to rent report them to the Agencia Tributaria and bring it up at your AGM if your on an urbanisation. Ask your administrator if the property has a licence. Some rentals have a plaque usually on the outside wall of the property displaying the rental no.
partygoer

Postby scubydoo » Sun May 20, 2018 5:03 am

TonTri wrote:
scubydoo wrote:I think the difference is that you treat it like your own home, holiday makers do not! You may have more to drink than normal when you are on holiday but some people loose all sense and reason! Surely you have seen this sort boarding the aircraft? Some people add alcohol = instant ars--le! but of course when you let your property you are not here to see this! Residents are.

Oh I have definitely seen that sort, but from their loud conversations on the plane, they are all heading for the all inclusive hotels in Benidorm. Surely those who rent private homes in a quiet residential area are a more responsible sort. Whenever we've rented someone else's property we've always treated it with the same respect as we do our own home. Yes, most people on holiday have more to drink than usual and stay up later talking outside on balconies when most working residents are probably in bed, but surely it is only to be expected in communities where there are more holidaymakers than residents. That said you will find the odd anti social louts making excessive noise everywhere, we do on occasion on summer nights in the UK. And as for those with their car stereos blaring loudly, dont get me started on those!!

Unfortunately this can not be said fer everyone otherwise no one would complain! They are just idiots with more money! Not everyone is as considerate as you and I may be.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby The Rower » Sun May 20, 2018 7:44 am

We rent out our apartment and in our advertising we include a copy of the community rules. We hope that people read the rules before booking and it will hopefully put off those that are looking for somewhere more "lively" than our urbanisation. Of course we can't guarantee that everyone adheres to the rules, but I get the mobile numbers of renters and would ring them if I got a complaint from a neighbour. Our president would also undoubtedly let us know of any problems.

Like most responsible owners, the last thing we want to do is upset our neighbours.
The Rower

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby TonTri » Sun May 20, 2018 7:44 am

scubydoo wrote:Unfortunately this can not be said fer everyone otherwise no one would complain! They are just idiots with more money! Not everyone is as considerate as you and I may be.

I suppose that is true anywhere in a holiday area, fortunately I havent come across it in our community, fingers crossed I never do.
TonTri

Postby TonTri » Sun May 20, 2018 8:12 am

The Rower wrote:We rent out our apartment and in our advertising we include a copy of the community rules. We hope that people read the rules before booking and it will hopefully put off those that are looking for somewhere more "lively" than our urbanisation. Of course we can't guarantee that everyone adheres to the rules, but I get the mobile numbers of renters and would ring them if I got a complaint from a neighbour. Our president would also undoubtedly let us know of any problems.

Like most responsible owners, the last thing we want to do is upset our neighbours.

Just insert a clause into your booking conditions stating: "
We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) is reported, such as excessive noise levels,

foul language, aggressive behaviour,

illegal activities, or anything which
may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others in the community.
" At least it gives you some recourse then.
TonTri

Postby burnie day » Sun May 20, 2018 8:44 am

So,
You have drunken, over active holiday louts in the house next door, its half past 12 at night, and you are going to bombard them with a leaflet campaign.

Get real.

So who is actually going to terminate their holiday and ask them to leave and ensure they do.

Also, taking into account the owner of the property is solely letting the property for monetary gains with no regards for their neighbours. They may think they do, but the pocket is deeper than consideration otherwise they would not be doing holiday lets.

If this is the case, maybe the owner should also be fined by the community and key privileges removed for the existing and following year, ie pool access, and still be accountable for full community fee's along with increased fee's as its a potential nuisance business. With the increased fee's being pumped back into the community.
burnie day

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby TonTri » Sun May 20, 2018 9:47 am

burnie day wrote:So,
You have drunken, over active holiday louts in the house next door, its half past 12 at night, and you are going to bombard them with a leaflet campaign.

Get real.

So who is actually going to terminate their holiday and ask them to leave and ensure they do.

Also, taking into account the owner of the property is solely letting the property for monetary gains with no regards for their neighbours. They may think they do, but the pocket is deeper than consideration otherwise they would not be doing holiday lets.

If this is the case, maybe the owner should also be fined by the community and key privileges removed for the existing and following year, ie pool access, and still be accountable for full community fee's along with increased fee's as its a potential nuisance business. With the increased fee's being pumped back into the community.

I think it's you that needs to "get real". Quesada is a holiday destination and the same situation could apply to living next door to private rented villas equally not just on a community. And where's your proof that all property owners are solely renting for monetary gain, many are pensioners who are just trying to make their holiday property pay its way so they can actually afford a holiday home?
Do you think no-one should be allowed to rent out their property, if so what will happen to Quesada as a tourist destination?
I really hope you dont live anywhere near me as you must be the most obnoxious neighbour, and believe me I've had a few in my lifetime. This is Spain, get real and get out and enjoy the sunshine!
TonTri

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun May 20, 2018 9:53 am

some one near us were letting big bang fireworks off at 6.45 am @2 minit intervals this morning,Ha! Ha! did,nt worry me as I was already up, but I bet there were many who it did,
i reckon it was the Spanish guy down the road,scareing the birds of his crops,it went on for around 20mins,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby PeteKnight » Sun May 20, 2018 10:20 am

Anyone renting their property on a short-term basis for financial return must hold a tourist licence. In addition, the details of the people staying in the property must be registered with the police within 24 hours of arrival...
https://www.spain-holiday.com/rentalbuzz/how-to-registering-guests-with-the-police-in-your-holiday-rental-home

“The owner or property manager is required to identify all travellers over 16 years old, by filling out the form "Parte de Hospederías". They must also create a Travellers Registration Book and all guests must be registered with either the local and National Police and Guardia Civil, depending on the municipality where the property is located, within 24hours of arrival.
Every traveller (aged 16+) is required to sign the Travellers Registration.
Failure to comply with these obligations may result in fines ranging from €600-30,000 depending on whether mild or serious misconduct (L.O 4/2015).”

Chances are that the owner doesn’t have a tourist licence, and if they do then they almost certainly haven’t followed the letter of the law in registering the guests with the police.
As a result, you may be able to get the local police involved in any antisocial behaviour by guests if you explain that you believe the owner isn’t renting the property in the correct manner.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

PreviousNext