Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Holiday Lets and Community Fee's

Re: Holiday Lets and Community Fee's

Postby TonTri » Sun May 20, 2018 10:33 am

PeteKnight wrote:Anyone renting their property on a short-term basis for financial return must hold a tourist licence. In addition, the details of the people staying in the property must be registered with the police within 24 hours of arrival...
https://www.spain-holiday.com/rentalbuzz/how-to-registering-guests-with-the-police-in-your-holiday-rental-home

“The owner or property manager is required to identify all travellers over 16 years old, by filling out the form "Parte de Hospederías". They must also create a Travellers Registration Book and all guests must be registered with either the local and National Police and Guardia Civil, depending on the municipality where the property is located, within 24hours of arrival.
Every traveller (aged 16+) is required to sign the Travellers Registration.
Failure to comply with these obligations may result in fines ranging from €600-30,000 depending on whether mild or serious misconduct (L.O 4/2015).”

Chances are that the owner doesn’t have a tourist licence, and if they do then they almost certainly haven’t followed the letter of the law in registering the guests with the police.
As a result, you may be able to get the local police involved in any antisocial behaviour by guests if you explain that you believe the owner isn’t renting the property in the correct manner.

Pete.

You're right Pete on all counts, although trying to find someone in the Quesada area, Police, Guardia Civil or Town Hall who are aware of the new "Parte de Hospederias" regulations, let alone get a password for the police database to enter the guest's details is a nightmare. And on top of all that is hefty income tax which needs declaring quarterly. It makes you wonder if it's worth the hassle of renting out for a few weeks a year.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby brandyboy » Sun May 20, 2018 10:43 am

TonTri wrote:
burnie day wrote:So,
You have drunken, over active holiday louts in the house next door, its half past 12 at night, and you are going to bombard them with a leaflet campaign.

Get real.

So who is actually going to terminate their holiday and ask them to leave and ensure they do.

Also, taking into account the owner of the property is solely letting the property for monetary gains with no regards for their neighbours. They may think they do, but the pocket is deeper than consideration otherwise they would not be doing holiday lets.

If this is the case, maybe the owner should also be fined by the community and key privileges removed for the existing and following year, ie pool access, and still be accountable for full community fee's along with increased fee's as its a potential nuisance business. With the increased fee's being pumped back into the community.

I think it's you that needs to "get real". Quesada is a holiday destination and the same situation could apply to living next door to private rented villas equally not just on a community. And where's your proof that all property owners are solely renting for monetary gain, many are pensioners who are just trying to make their holiday property pay its way so they can actually afford a holiday home?
Do you think no-one should be allowed to rent out their property, if so what will happen to Quesada as a tourist destination?
I really hope you dont live anywhere near me as you must be the most obnoxious neighbour, and believe me I've had a few in my lifetime. This is Spain, get real and get out and enjoy the sunshine!

I don´t think anyone is objecting to people renting their property. The problem starts when owners are remote and pocketing the money without any concern for the behaviour of their renters.
People who rent have a duty of care to their neighbours, in a community or not.
brandyboy

Postby qwerty » Sun May 20, 2018 10:49 am

hi
OK where do i start who do i phone or speak to first
if its 1 o clock on a Sunday morning ?
like i said before by the time i get a reply they have either flown home or gone to bed
its not fair i have to constantly chase other people just to get some piece not 24 / 7 just enough to get some
decent sleep we do work 5 days a week i am not asking for silence just a little bit of consideration are they even made aware this area is residential ?
you must remember we are not in our 20s ready to argue with everyone
door knocking really isn't an option
qwerty

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby dolores » Sun May 20, 2018 11:15 am

I rent my property during the summer months on a reputable holiday web site .
That way I have all the details and can vet who is renting .

I have a licence and reinvest the money in my property .

I always ask my neighbours for feedback on the guests and they have my phone number in case there are any issues.

Up to now I have had no problems if I did they would be asked to leave and their holiday money refunded .

I respect my lovely neighbours and do everything to make sure everyone has a great time .

I might also add that there are more problems with long term tenants on the upkeep of the property than holiday let's,that has been my experience .

For me it's respect . I have invested in my property to make it a great experience and I expect my property my neighbours to be treated with respect and consideration .

The president of the community should be contacted on case of problems as they normally have the owners details and can contact them
Last edited by dolores on Sun May 20, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
dolores

Which part of Spain are you from?: France /Pueblo Bravo

Postby TonTri » Sun May 20, 2018 11:16 am

brandyboy wrote:I don´t think anyone is objecting to people renting their property. The problem starts when owners are remote and pocketing the money without any concern for the behaviour of their renters.
People who rent have a duty of care to their neighbours, in a community or not.

From the OP's post I get the distinct impression that he is objecting to people renting out their property but only if they live on a community, hence his wanting to discourage the practice by levying additional community fees. God know how he proposes to "punish" private villa owners who rent.
But yes, everyone has a duty of care to their neighbours whether they live there permanently or whether they rent.

Qwerty, do the owners not use a property management to company to look after the property if they are never there? Can you not get in touch with them and explain in no uncertain terms that the type of clientele using the property are making your life hell?
TonTri

Postby PeteKnight » Sun May 20, 2018 12:33 pm

qwerty wrote:hi
OK where do i start who do i phone or speak to first
if its 1 o clock on a Sunday morning ?
like i said before by the time i get a reply they have either flown home or gone to bed
its not fair i have to constantly chase other people just to get some piece not 24 / 7 just enough to get some
decent sleep we do work 5 days a week i am not asking for silence just a little bit of consideration are they even made aware this area is residential ?
you must remember we are not in our 20s ready to argue with everyone
door knocking really isn't an option

My approach would be to politely ask the people to keep the noise down at the time, then the next day pop along to the local police station and explain the issue. I’d say that I don’t think the owners have a tourist licence, and that when I spoke to the people making the noise they seemed high on something - so I didn’t do any more in case they turned aggressive.

If the police aren’t interested then denounce the owner and the police will have to investigate. Discreetly take some video of the guests being antisocial as evidence. It won’t matter if the guests have left, it’s the owner who is breaking the law if they’re renting without a tourist licence and not following the guest registration process, so it’s the owner who will be fined.
If you can the property being advertised on airbnb or holiday rentalas website then take screenshots of the adverts and show these to the police as well.

If you don’t want to go down that route then there are a few other options...

1) if a key holder or letting company is doing cleaning and bedding changes after the guests leave then have a word with them and say that you’re compiling evidence on repeat offenders and that you’ll be reporting the issue to the police and the community. Explain that you doubt if the owner has a licence and that they’re probably not declaring the income. Word will soon get back to the owners and they will probably be more careful about explaining the rules to future tenants.

2) Ask your president or admin company if they have contact details for the owner. They probably won’t share them with you, but should agree to forward a message from you to them. Write a letter explaining the issue and the problems it’s causing you and the other neighbours. Explain what you want the outcome to be (future tenants being more respectful of the community rules?) and that you don’t want to have to take it further - but that you will if it happens again. Include your contact details and invite the owners to contact you to discuss it, and call them the next time it happens.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby qwerty » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:40 am

hi,

just been reading the comments about pensioners renting to help pay for the property, it would be fair to say that is monetary gain, no matter what the money is used for, that is monetary gain.

Just had a week of a bunch of whaling foxes next door, ( five of them, 30 to maybe 45 year old women ) drunk as skunks every night till at worst about 3 am, fag butts over the wall and language as blue as can be.

So who wants to take up the offer of going door knocking ?

Fortunately one of the other neighbours call the police, who did go and knock and low and behold they shut up,,,,,, Until the next night. I think they were stuck outside their property till the early hours as the keys would not open the door, so they spent the night waiting for the lock smith to turn up, again along with the police.

Turns out, they were so off their heads, who ever was trying to open the door was using was the wrong bunch of keys. We were laughing, listening to them swear down the phone at the owner, ruining their holiday and getting soaked in the rain,,, what a shame for both parties, I wonder who paid the lock smith.

Oh what a wonderful week,
qwerty

Postby dottyp53 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:26 pm

TonTri wrote:...many are pensioners who are just trying to make their holiday property pay its way so they can actually afford a holiday home?

I've followed this thread with some interest...and Tontri - I think you've counteracted your own argument there!

Renting a place out in order to subsequently pay for that place IS doing it for monetary gain...if they didn't rent it out, then they wouldn't gain any money.

I also think it's quite harsh for you to quote that someone "must be...obnoxious", when (presumably) you don't know them!

The OP clearly has some problems with some of the short-term tenants their neighbour has renting their place, otherwise surely there'd be no point in the OP posting the message to the forum.
dottyp53

Postby qwerty » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:03 pm

What is this person going on about ???

You have really lost me ,,, How am I counter acting,

if you rent, you gain and sometimes at the sanity of your neighbours who are putting up with idiots abroad living like louts supposedly having a suuuuupppperrrr holiday
qwerty

Postby TonTri » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:05 pm

Dottyp I think I have answered all your points previously, maybe just replace monetary gain, which makes it sound like it is for profit, with upkeep, pay it's way etc.

And while I sympathise with the OP's neighbours and Qwerty's situation, I find the OP's attitude of tarring all owners who rent out at times AND happen live in a community as obnoxious, so I stand by all I have said.

Those are my last words on the matter as there clearly is no convincing some posters that many owners rent out do so responsibly so I am not going to waste my time.
TonTri

PreviousNext