Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Dogs on market

Advertise here for free any unwanted/secondhand items that you would like to sell or buy. For example: Household items/Bicycles/Garden furniture etc. Please include prices and photos, if possible.

Dogs on market

Postby Shirleynot » Sun May 20, 2018 1:21 pm

why do people take their dogs to the markets where they can be kicked and trodden on? Saw this poor dog stood on by a big guy today on zocco market(not his fault). Why put your dog in harms way? Can you not leave your pooch at home for a couple of hours whilst you go shopping. I’m sure they can’t enjoy being dragged around in the heat avoiding all the ‘giants’ around them.
Shirleynot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Dogs on market

Postby Paulr » Sun May 20, 2018 1:31 pm

:text-goodpost:

I agree, we leave our dog at home when we go to the markets. And now that the days are really warming up, I think it's even more important to leave them in the comfort and familiarity of their home, with access to water and food whenever they want it.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Potjoe » Sun May 20, 2018 5:59 pm

:text-goodpost: so say I
Potjoe

Which part of Spain are you from?: Sucina spain

Postby mark&denise » Sun May 20, 2018 8:10 pm

:text-goodpost:
Potjoe wrote::text-goodpost: so say I
mark&denise

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby maryann » Sun May 20, 2018 11:22 pm

And me. Always feel sorry for the poor dogs.
maryann

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby shirlie anne » Mon May 21, 2018 12:37 am

And me i totally agree i have 2 dogs who i know would be more stressed out with all those people.. leave them at home where their comforts are and especially do not take them out in that heat... its a max 2 hours lol
shirlie anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Dinkelharper » Mon May 21, 2018 1:08 am

I have 2 small dogs and where I go they go. Why should they be left at home alone? I always bring water and always make sure they're not in the sun all the time and constantly look for shaded areas. When it is crowded I carry them and when not crowded they're on the ground. I really don't understand why such a thing bothers you people. Maybe people instead should open their damn eyes and watch where they're stepping and not think they own the whole damn road. I learnt this way before preschool.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby Stephanie » Mon May 21, 2018 6:34 am

I agree with dinkelharper. I have two small dogs and whilst I also agree that dogs should not be DRAGGED around markets, there may be a good reason why they are. In our case, the eldest suffers from a condition that does not allow us to leave her alone at home. Therefore, she comes everywhere with us. If we are going to a crowded place we have a buggy, which is the best solution for us as she gets rather heavy if you have to carry her for any length of time. She loves the attention she gets and although some people think dogs in buggies are silly, they serve a purpose allowing owners and dogs the best comfort possible.
Stephanie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby Benjy » Mon May 21, 2018 9:20 am

As usual, people love to digress and go off topic. It is very obvious dinkleharper that the ORIGINAL post was about dogs on leads, on the ground, being walked around the markets. If yours is carried that’s a different matter. But it is getting hot now so I hope you give yours cool water regularly. People on the markets are looking at the goods on the stalls, not at their feet so obviously the poor dogs are getting kicked and paws stood on. One dog with an injured paw, is one dog too many. And I just hope that the people that do take their dogs to the markets (or anywhere else) DO NOT leave them in the HOT CARS. This is a definite NO NO.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby Dinkelharper » Mon May 21, 2018 10:08 am

Benjy wrote:As usual, people love to digress and go off topic. It is very obvious dinkleharper that the ORIGINAL post was about dogs on leads, on the ground, being walked around the markets. If yours is carried that’s a different matter. But it is getting hot now so I hope you give yours cool water regularly. People on the markets are looking at the goods on the stalls, not at their feet so obviously the poor dogs are getting kicked and paws stood on. One dog with an injured paw, is one dog too many. And I just hope that the people that do take their dogs to the markets (or anywhere else) DO NOT leave them in the HOT CARS. This is a definite NO NO.

How is my post off topic??? My dogs are my children. They go with me everywhere. They are on a lead at all times and when it gets too crowded I pick them up and if not they're on the ground and I keep my eyes on them at all times to avoid clumsy half blind people. If anyone goes off topic it's you starting ranting about leaving dogs in a hot car!!! No one mentioned anything about that in previous posts. Maybe you should sweep in front of your own door before you start sweeping others.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Next