Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Selling a car in Spain - Help

Re: Selling a car in Spain - Help

Postby frans158 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:44 am

i am have tree cars in Holland and wnat to take dear waht i am have to do(Holland)
frans158

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby frans158 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:47 am

sorry , friends mijn Enlichs is not so good..

Frankie Boy.
frans158

Postby frans158 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:51 am

And het is Enliche i am thinking but jou no what i am mine.

Frankie Boy.
frans158

Postby shirlie anne » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:18 am

Hi Colin
It is better to ensure that the transfer is done by you doing it yourself prior to handover,i.e.if you sell the car and rely on the purchaser to transfer,if they dont,then all suma,fines etc will still be in your name.
shirlie anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Jan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:37 am

Pablo Teatime wrote:Definitely better to have a Spanish car here in Spain. A UK registered car will be illegal, no matter what you do.
If you are looking at "nearly new", then maybe you should buy from a main dealership for guarantees, and get them to deal with the transfer of ownership, and then you can accept the vehicle when your papers arrive.
If you buy a Spanish car privately in England, you need to make sure that it has a current ITV (UK's MOT won't do), receipts for proof that all car tax is paid up to date (otherwise you won't be able to transfer the car into your name here in Spain), and a copy of the previous owners Spanish residencia or British Passport (again, without this you may have a hard time transferring ownership). You will also need a contract of sale/purchase stating All the car details, and ALL the sellers and buyers details.
The car must have its TARGETA TECNICA (ITV book), and PERMISO DE CIRCULATION (log book, in the name of the seller). If it doesn't, it may be stolen. If its an honest sale but without papers, you may never be able to transfer ownership, no matter what the owner promises you.
If there is outstanding debt on the car, the Spanish bank can take the car from you when it returns to Spain. (don't know how you would check that one....If you have the slightest doubt, don't buy it!)
I may be totally off the mark with my advice (I am a musician, not a legal expert), but to safeguard yourself, do not buy anything that doesn't match at least what I have advised.
Of course, the safest thing to do is ask an English lawyer HERE IN SPAIN (by phone or email) for a list of absolute MUST-HAVES and MUST-NOT-HAVES.
If you get conned, it will be almost IMPOSSIBLE to fix thanks to Spanish bureaucracy, red tape and criminal levels of inefficiency, not to mention inbred apathy. (I should know, I had to scrap a beautiful classic car because of Spanish Bu****it! It wouldn't have happened in the UK.)
Be wise and buy safe.
Good luck.
Paul.

:text-goodpost:
Good advice - Buyer beware - I would definitely prefer to buy from a reputable car dealer in Spain, if I was buying a Spanish car, and have all the paperwork sorted out at the point of sale for me.
:text-thankyouyellow:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Previous