Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Do you need a TV licence in Spain?

Do you need a TV licence in Spain?

Postby digdagdog » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:43 am

Hi All,

Could anyone give me some info on the following - do you need a TV licence in Spain? as anyone purchased a asthma inhaler over the counter if so how much ? and some health insurance companies. thanks for your help :?
digdagdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: uk

Re: Do you need a TV licence in Spain?

Postby marcliff » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:54 am

No, no TV licenses in Spain.
Asthma inhalers are around 4 to 5 euro depending on type (or were 2 years ago when my SiL needed some). If you have a repeat prescription bring it with you so the pharmacy knows the exact type. They normally restrict you to 1 inhaler unless you have the prescription.
Can't help on the health insurance, sorry.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby JeremyB » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:20 am

Depends on the type of inhaler. If you need the purple Seretide type they can be between Euro 40 and 80 per inhaler depending on the dosage. As Marcliff indicates it is worth bringing a repeat prescription so they can check the exact type.
JeremyB

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta

Postby Jan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:58 pm

All very good advice above.

When I need anything from the pharmacy I always try to take an empty box of what I have bought or been prescribed in the UK (in fact I take the packets/boxes of anything I have used in the UK, to the house in Spain) and the Pharmacist always matches it with a Spanish equivalent - A prescription copy is obviously the best idea but you could also take your old or present inhaler to the chemist and they may be able match it that way. I find the Doña Pepa pharmacy (Pharmacy El Canal in Doña Pepa) opposite the supermarket and Pepas Bar as being the best one - They understand and speak reasonably good English and are always helpful and pleasant.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby digdagdog » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Thanks for advice jan
digdagdog

Postby digdagdog » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:16 pm

A big thanks to you all for your time really appreciate your help
digdagdog

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:52 am

TV license, no - TV via satellite, overspill is legal to receive under EU law. TV down the internet is a little 'greyer', (is still being argued after years as differences between EU / Spanish & English law) though Spanish law has no interest in this, so it is taken as a given that is o.k. Locally we can get satellite signal which a dish will give you the best quality and cheapest long term, internet is generally a secondary option as quality is a little less. Also local internet is a step backwards from what most are used to in the UK.

Medicine wise, much cheaper than UK, even without a SIPP card - If you are a little concerned over doctors / language barrier, you can use a local company such as http://medcarespain.com/ which has English doctors to assist with prescriptions, referrals or just if generally you would be able to speak in English (also has dentists and other health type services). I have found quite a lot of local Spanish doctors as well speak English, it's only when things get 'a little more complex' having an English speaking doctor doing the translation / prescription can help initially.

Health insurance wise there are quite a few local companies from Mapfre (main Spanish company) to other smaller companies. If you are of pensionable age or will be working (registered as) in Spain, then you will get a good level of healthcare free - and locally, they are more thorough than the NHS - one of the few comparables the Spanish do well, can't knock the national medical service as on what I have seen over the years, do a very thorough and professional job. More so than the lawyers & those in the town halls....

Paul
http://www.televisiontechnology.eu
http://www.facebook.com/televisiontechnology
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby digdagdog » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:12 am

Hi Paul,
Thank you for your information appreciate it and found very helpful. We re in or 50's so not pensionable age so do need health insurance. Will contact the one you mentioned bit confused by TV bit and internet but hubby will be the brains in sorting that out. We are getting all the info together . Our next problem is getting our 3 year old dog over sat and sound.

Thanks again appreciate you taking the time to answer.
digdagdog

Postby cliffyrmd » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:48 am

no dont need a licence here
cliffyrmd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby [email protected] » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:31 am

Do you get English channels on Sky in Spain? We're going to attempt watching Spanish ones but will definitely need English ones too, at least to start with. We've got our Spanish CDs on the way as our holiday Spanish isn't going to get us very far! We're ok in hotels, bars and restaurants for the basics and can ask directions to a church but that's about it! That reminds me, I know there's a lovely church in Torrevieja but are there more in the area? If so, what are their names please and where are they - if anyone knows? Thanks, Rose
[email protected]

Which part of Spain are you from?: looking to buy soon

Next

Return to Broadband, Computer, Wifi, Phone and TV