Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Where are the nearest schools in Quesada?

Where are the nearest schools in Quesada?

Postby joandmartyn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi,
we are moving to quesada in the next few months and have a 9 year old boy who will be going to school. Where are the nearest state schools for his age?
what are they like?
does anyone have any english speaking children attending this school that he will be able to talk to when he arrives?
many thanks
martyn , jo and finlay
joandmartyn

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Where are the nearest schools in Quesada?

Postby hobnob » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi...The nearest school for a nine year old is the primary school in Rojales. You will have to fill out lots of paperwork as part of the school admission procedure. Nothing too daunting but paperwork is everything here in Spain. The school has quite a few English speaking pupils...They also have a comedor...School dinners and get a long break midday after dinner in which the kids have a play session. His grasp of Spanish will amaze you after a few long play sessions. If he plays football...then the local Club CD Thader have many teams of varying ages. The facilities are excellent as are the people at the club. Its all about joining in and making things happen. Good luck.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby joandmartyn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:39 pm

What about work for my wife and I, we are happy to do anything but have been told there is no work at all?
joandmartyn

Postby Jan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:57 pm

joandmartyn wrote:What about work for my wife and I, we are happy to do anything but have been told there is no work at all?

Unfortunately that is about right! Sadly, there is a recession still going on in Spain and there isn't really enough work for the Spanish, let alone any foreigners who want to find work. Apparently the pay is lower than anything you would get in the UK as well, for similar work, if you are lucky enough to find any.

Sorry, but it is the situation at the moment - Hopefully things may pick up in the future but for now it's not good and hard to find regular work.

Jan.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby joandmartyn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:06 pm

We are personal trainers, do you think there would be much interest in people wanting a personal trainer at €20 for 2.5 hours to help them get fit and lose weight?
joandmartyn

Postby LYNDSMCFADDEN » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi jo and martyn did u make the move and if so how did ur wee 1 settle in??
Thanks lynds
LYNDSMCFADDEN

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada