Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving via France with Dogs - looking for hotel suggestions

Driving via France with Dogs - looking for hotel suggestions

Postby yvemcb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi. My husband is driving over to Quesada in May and will be making the journey over two days. He will be travelling via the tunnel and down via Paris, Orleans towards Clemont-Ferrand. He will stop overnight somewhere around Orleans/Bourges and I am looking for a hotel suggestion in this area. Ideally one that is within a service area or only minutes from the motorway, and one that will take dogs.

Thanks in advance
Yvonne
yvemcb

Re: Driving via France - looking for hotel suggestions

Postby Patagonia » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:38 pm

I would say 100% the Novotel in Clermont Ferrand! Its a 4 star but really more like a 5 star, as its new and spotless! Its midway for us (coming from Luton) and its about 1 minute off the motorway. Clermont to Quesada is in KM'S a fair bit longer, but you do not have to lose 2-3 hours on the Eurotunnel (300-400 km driving distance?) It takes 12 hours from Quesada to Clermont
but that is doing a steady 120KM and not stopping off much at all! Hotel is far enough away from the motorway, not to hear noise, and its has a camera guarded car park. The restaurant is a tad expensive, but the food is really excellent! Rooms are beautiful and peaceful, just what you need! Did see someone with their dog in the car park, so I assume they take dogs, but you would need to double check!
Patagonia

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby maisiesdad » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:38 am

I have travelled down to Quesada from Brittany regularly over the years but use the west coast route via Bayonne so I cannot give you a personal hotel recommendation for the Orlean/Bourges area. However, we have dogs and cats and have had little difficulty in finding suitable hotel accommodation conveniently close to the motorway. Using Google maps and Booking.com its a fairly simple matter to work out how far you want to travel in a day and then to book a suitable hotel. Booking.com rates hotels from customers' opinions and details those that are pet friendly. Good luck.
maisiesdad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby ukdobby » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:14 pm

Ibis hotels are usually sound for 1 night stop and take dogs.
Be carefull in France though,just got 2 speeding fines on the N10,45€ each,to be honest didn't hink I was speeding and according to them was doing 115kph so take notice of the limit.:(
ukdobby

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales