Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Anyone know of a cheap Internet provider in Doña Pepa?

Anyone know of a cheap Internet provider in Doña Pepa?

Postby julian » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:43 am

Hi, i would like to ask if someone knows about a cheap internet provider in doña pepa (no TV needed neither land line). I will be moving there soon from alicante city for long term (at least 2 years), and im searching for a the best speed/price service. I was reading in the forum that lot of people suggests services enphasizing the choise of disabling the connection during the months that the connection would not be in use. That is not my case as i would be there for long time, so other things like stability of service, speed, price are more valorated.

also, here in alicante i pay 20 euro for 15 mb speed from orange. I have a good plan becouse my girlfriend is a long time customer of them... not very hopefull that they will have coverage around there, but... anyone knows if they have coverage?

thanks!! :)
julian

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Re: Internet provider in doña pepa - Albamar

Postby john-richards » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:49 am

You can get landlines in Doña Pepa but probably only 6 to (maybe if you are very lucky and are near their junction box) 10 Mb and is by far the best way to go either via Movistar or Orange. You will likely pay more than you are currently paying though.

Avoid like the plague any system that uses Microwave such as Broadband Costa Blanca and others. The service is affected by weather and the infrastructure and support is generally very poor with service interruptions daily of anything between a few minutes up to hours at times.

4G is another option and very quick although you would need to check coverage in your soecific area but expect to pay double or more what you are currently paying
john-richards

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Re: Internet provider in doña pepa - Albamar

Postby marcliff » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:18 am

Telefonica (and Orange) told me I'd get "up to" 6Mb in Dona Pepa II. As it was, they couldn't fit it into my area for some reason (the reply from them was "for reasons unknown to us").
However, if you're lucky to be able to get a landline, that's by far the best option even though the speed will be very low. Orange also informed me that 4G is not available in the Dona Pepa area either. I think the cost for internet only was about 18 euro plus IVA.
I'm stuck with a microwave broadcaster who give 3Mb and I get from over 5Mb to down below 0.5Mb depending on which way the wind is blowing.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: Anyone know of a cheap Internet provider in Doña Pepa?

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:25 pm

Wireless services do vary a little, in terms of coverage as well as performance. We partner with Telitec who do 4 & 6 Mbps packages, though would need to check coverage in location.

http://tvtech.sharepoint.com/Pages/Inte ... lanca.aspx (wireless stop / start service)
Landlines - again to check to see if viable, full address required (do not post on forum), we have to go through Telefonica initially, though can offer discounts on calls etc, if service available.

4G - Usually the best, Signal maps are innacurate. We use / supply Movistar / Telefonica 4G unlimited only. Not the cheapest service, but if signal available (would send technicians with router to test). It can be the fastest. We get 20-25Mps, sometimes up to 30Mbps, though will depend on signal locally - Quesada is a bit of a 'frequency nightmare' with many rebroadcaster and different services, so can be quite variable - for both internet and sometime satellite dishes for TV.

Paul
http://www.televisiontechnology.eu
http://www.facebook.com/televisiontechnology
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Re: Anyone know of a cheap Internet provider in Doña Pepa?

Postby Potjoe » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:07 pm

Take alook at Cellhire UK may just help or look around the Webb there are some doing 3-4G but may be better as 3G will give upto 21mb,s which may be better than a land line.
Potjoe

Which part of Spain are you from?: Sucina spain