Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Is Norton Internet provider in Los Dolses still in business?

Re: Is Norton Internet provider in Los Dolses still in busin

Postby DavidB » Fri May 29, 2015 2:49 pm

they have not answered any email that I sent, I found it best to call them, when they answer select option 1 after about 4 mins they answered the call, Mark or Darren deal with the tech problems, good luck.
David
DavidB

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 1

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Fri May 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Even more confusing is that the owners wife of Grupo TV Horadada..take a deep breath (incorporates Teleast, Internet Cartagena, Internet Vega Baja, Internet Torrepacheco & Internet Mar menor = one in the same), was last seen sitting behind the desk at Costa Blanca Broadbands office! Hmmm.. Told most (not all) of the original staff are still there.

For reference if you get a poor service of Teleast, switching in the same location to any of the above named, will give you the same service.

This would suggest that Grupo Horadada has taken over Costa Blanca Broadbands office (possibly client base?) and Eurona have set up an office a couple of doors down - who were formerly partnering with CBB. Or ? Eurona could have kept the existing client base and new business for CBB is now Grupo Horadada. Either way, there has been some shuffling around.

And I thought I was confused before :roll: We emailed CBB from their website about issues a 4 or 5 days ago. Still no response - yesterday off at least twice for 15-20 mins. Just as well we have 3 internet providers. CBB or whoever they are now, won't be one of them much longer.
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby britabroad67 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:25 am

Anyone else having internet issues? I was originally signed up too Broadbandcb a year or so ago, on 4th November 2014 I received an e mail from Angela Johnston saying that they were now merged/part of Mobinet. Mobinets phone number on there website is a waste of time. Interent continued to work ok until May 2015 when it started to continually go down, and has again today
I called Eurona, who's number I have always called if there is a problem and was told that they were now a separate entity to Norton and Angela Johnston worked at Norton in La Zenia, a few doors away from Eurona. Eurona also has no record of me even existing as a customer.
Calling Norton 966 760 335 is pointless, and I have sent an e mail to Angela Johnstons old e mail address , ( I expect no reply), can anyone tell me whats going on here, because something stinks.
britabroad67

Which part of Spain are you from?: murcia

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:35 pm

can anyone tell me whats going on here, because something stinks.
We have dealt with CBB / Nortons for a number of years. We have also dealt with them on a commercial basis and have been called in by them to fix / maintain the community satellite systems they originally installed.

We also have an 8Mbps internet connection with them, which has been getting progressively worse to the point of truly unacceptable, now just either not simply not working at all or barely when it does - speeds of around 1Mbps, falling over continually. Of the 3 phone numbers we have for CBB, only one rings, then does not get answered, website is down, emails not responded to - same situation for weeks. Other forums report same.

We use 4 internet providers (including our own 4G service & wireless service) CBB we have been with for years & up until recently has been a reasonable service.

Something is going on, there has been an internal falling out / change of owners etc- Traffic may be coming through Eurona, which could deliberately be causing issues with the partner they fell out with ( when we tested - traffic appeared routed through Eurona still). Foul play?

Either way service is unacceptable. We have given them plenty of time and received zero support or response. Totally unprofessional - could at least have the decency to write to existing clients and advise them of situation - we know of people that have been offline or having major issue for weeks. One person on another forum claims to have sent 38 emails with no response.

We have sent an email of cancellation notice to original email address & will be stopping direct debit immediately, before we pay any more for a service which is not working, nor can we get any support or feedback.

Paul
www.televisiontechnology.eu
Paul - TV Techie

Postby britabroad67 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:24 am

Hi Paul, that sounds exactly like the issues I have had. It is actually impossible to get hold of anyone at Norton as the phone number doesnt even ring 966 760335. However the guy I spoke to at Eurona yesterday ( who has apparently no record of my existence even though I've spoken to them before and they previously had my details) said he sees Angela Johnston walking into an office as they are just a few doors down.But who knows if thats the truth.. I'll just be cancelling my direct debit with them as the customer service is non existent, and they've left people in the lurch. Complete joke really, sad that people think they can do things like this. I have been recommended A2Z telecom by the admin manager of the resort my villa is on, so maybe they're worth a shout.
britabroad67

Which part of Spain are you from?: murcia

Postby New boy in town » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:30 pm

I had similar issues with Norton's and in the end I just stopped the direct debit payment and emailed them notice if cancellation of contract. You would have thought that if they had any business sense they would have followed this up, at least attempting to secure my continued custom, but no. Not even an acknowledgement. Now I have an unsightly dish attached to my roof that serves no purpose and no idea of when it is to be removed. Mind you, following their own contract details I have informed them they have 15 days to remove it Fter which I shall charge them rent. I also intend to take the dish down myself after this period as I am not having it attached to my home as evidence of partnership with what most be one if the worst companies I have had dealings with in Spain to date. My advice, if you are with them leave.
New boy in town

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:21 pm

A2Z telecom by the admin manager of the resort my villa is on, so maybe they're worth a shout.
You are in Polaris world? I''d guess La Torre or El Valle? (or Roda golf) A2Z are Polaris telecommunications (under another name). If El Valle, administration is also Polaris (forget any names, they are Polaris), A2Z is Polaris.....if you get my drift all the same colluding and trying to appear to be different entities.

We installed the community satellite system in El Valle golf resort, then the day it went operational, rather than us maintain it (free initially under warranty) admin handed back to PW, so they could continue to charge the community to maintain a system that their own associated company could not even install or had qualified fibre optic technicians at the time to maintain properly, which of course makes little sense. Unless of course there is something underhand going on. Allegedly :oops: Lots of money to skim in the golf resorts coffers...Run like corrupt town hall. If you think the community bills are sky high because of the golf course, all is not quite as it seems.

Not sure what A2Z are offering now, but we do I believe have some coverage in the golf resorts with internet 4-6 Mbps on a wireless 'stop - start' service. There is also 4G available, but it is quite costly. If you would like any info on the services, drop us an email on [email protected] with your address and we can run a check of internet options in your location. We also offer landline services where available.
Paul - TV Techie

Postby clivespana » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:50 am

It would appear that "Nortons" were the franchise operator for the main company "EURONA".

Eurona have now taken over themselves.

Their technical support and customer service Number is 966 193 994.

I spoke with someone at Eurona who gave me the information.
I must say the service has deteriorated somewhat over the last few months, lots of outage time, thinking of moving on.

Clivespana
clivespana

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gasplumbman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Without doubt two bad companies,customer care does,nt exsist,i would read company accounts of Eurona from April not an expert sounded bad to me two co.s to steer well clear of also no limits which is fast following them where to go next
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa

Postby Gary&Wendy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:29 pm

I too have had a dreadful time with CBB/Nortons. I have a pay as you go account and it's incredibly frustrating to e mail them to ask if I can give them some money only to be completely ignored!! I have also rung them with no luck on any of their numbers. Their answerphone says they are only open during office hours EVEN when you ring them during the day!! I'm told that other companies can't use their routers so the only remedy seems to be to pay out for another company to install a new one.

Again, my advice is give this group a very wide berth.
Gary&Wendy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous