Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Changeover to Caxia bank

Changeover to Caxia bank

Postby lynnemalkin » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:06 am

Can anyone help, I received a letter to say that Barclays was to be taken over by Caixia bank and requested that I provide them with a copy of my passport to continue with my banking, I emailed them to state that I could not get out to Spain until 5th July asking for further advice but I have not heard anything back, today I received an email from the company I pay my mortgage through to say the bank returned the funds and charged a 40e fee for doing so, does anyone have a number for this bank that I can ring , hoping they speak good English as I am in a panic now that my mortgage payment will not be paid. Thanks
lynnemalkin

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Changeover to Caxia bank

Postby Jan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:52 am

lynnemalkin wrote:Can anyone help, I received a letter to say that Barclays was to be taken over by Caixia bank and requested that I provide them with a copy of my passport to continue with my banking, I emailed them to state that I could not get out to Spain until 5th July asking for further advice but I have not heard anything back, today I received an email from the company I pay my mortgage through to say the bank returned the funds and charged a 40e fee for doing so, does anyone have a number for this bank that I can ring , hoping they speak good English as I am in a panic now that my mortgage payment will not be paid. Thanks

Sorry to hear this - It is happening in all banks and they do need passport copies - They may accept a certified copy from a UK bank but you obviously need to ask. Here's the details for Caixa bank (below).

You may need to contact Barclays too but not sure if they are still trading in Quesada

Caixa Bank

Telephone

Website

https://portal.lacaixa.es/holabank/particulares_en.html

Our link to details is here too: banks-in-quesada-and-the-surrounding-areas-f177/la-caixa-bank-in-ciudad-quesada-t7020.html

There are others who have had this problem recently and hopefully you may get some advice from them.

We were in Spain in November and our bank suddenly stopped our debit cards working but we took our passports in and they sorted it out. We had no warning - They said we should have but we definitely didn't.

Good luck.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Lynne » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:55 pm

Thanks Jan, I managed to get through to the local branch, apparently the IBAN no has changed, the manager was really helpful and gave me the new no and said I could fax or email passport info so fingers crossed the transfer will have gone through this time.
Lynne

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:26 pm

Lynne wrote:Thanks Jan, I managed to get through to the local branch, apparently the IBAN no has changed, the manager was really helpful and gave me the new no and said I could fax or email passport info so fingers crossed the transfer will have gone through this time.

Good news!

Hope it is all sorted now.

Jan.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa